•Best Lawyers in America
•Administrative/Regulatory Law, 2019
•AV - Preeminent Peer Review Rated
•Mid-South Super Lawyers, State, Local & Municipal, 2012
•Star of the Quarter, American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, 2005
•Mississippi Bar Association, Distinguished Service Award, 2006
•Outstanding Young Lawyer Award, Mississippi Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, 2007
•University of Mississippi School of Law, Alumna of the Year, 2005-2006
•Jackson Young Lawyers, Pro Bono Award, 2005-2006
•Graduate, Leadership Mississippi, 2008
•50 Leading Business Women, Mississippi Business Journal, 2006-2007
•Finalist for Business Woman of the Year, Mississippi Business Journal, 2006-2007
•Top 40 Under 40, Mississippi Business Journal, 2007
•Phi Delta Phi Award, University of Mississippi School of Law
•fellow, Mississippi Bar Foundation
•United Way of Oxford and Lafayette County
•Former Development Committee Member
•Youth Villages, Mississippi Leadership Council
•Mississippi Heritage Trust, Past Board Member
•Christ Presbyterian Church, Oxford, MS
•Member, Sunday School Teacher and Building Design Team Member
In the News
•Amanda Jones Tollison Joins Butler Snow
Papers, Presentations, & Publications
•Presenter, Open Meetings, Public Records, and Legal Issues for Municipal Employees Using Social Media, 2018 Small Town Conference, October 24, 2018.
•Speaker, “Recent Interpretations of Mississippi’s Ethics in Government Law & Political Activity of Public Employees,” Mississippi Bar, Governmental Law Section Teleseminar, October 2016.
•Author, “ The 10 Year Anniversary of Katrina: Reflections on the Role of Lawyers in Disaster Recovery, ” CABA Newsletter, September 2015.
•Speaker, The Impact of Recent Federal and State Court Decisions on Local Governments, Mississippi Association of County Boards of Supervisors, June 2015.
•Speaker, Mississippi Center for Legal Services CLE Presentation on Ethics, Summer 2015.
• Mississippi Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Division
President, 2005-06 , Board of Directors,1999-01, 2004-07
• Former Counsel to Governor Haley Barbour, 2008-2012:
- Coordinated and oversaw outside counsel in litigation matters
- Advised the Governor on judicial appointments, state disasters, bond commission meetings, election and budget-related matters
- Directed Governor's Office responses to public records requests
- Served as the Governor's Stimulus Coordinator over American Recovery and Reinvestment Act funds granted to Mississippi, including $87 million in State Fiscal Stabilization Funds awarded to the Governor's Office
- Coordinated the successful passage of the $422,865,000 bond bill during the 2011 session of the Mississippi Legislature
- Coordinated the successful passage of the $38,000,000 bond bill for the Mississippi Civil Rights Museum and the Museum of Mississippi History during the 2011 session of the Mississippi Legislature
- Coordinated the successful passage of the State Public Defender bill, merging the capital defense and indigent appeals offices into one agency as cost-savings measure during the 2011 session of the Mississippi Legislature
- Coordinated State Government Shared Services legislation during the 2011 session of the Mississippi Legislature
• Representation of individuals against claims of professional misconduct and malpractice in state court and in bar proceedings.
• Representation of state and regional companies in state and federal court actions against claims of negligence, breach of contract and trademark infringement claims.
• Representation of national mortgage brokers in state and federal court actions against allegations of fraud, breach of contract, negligence, and wrongful foreclosure.
• Representation of international respiratory protection equipment manufacturer in numerous state court product liability actions alleging silicosis, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma and related injuries.
• Representation of national tire and heavy equipment manufacturers in defense of product liability claims filed in Mississippi state and federal courts.
• Representation of national insurance company in numerous multi-plaintiff fraud proceedings in Mississippi state and federal courts.
Mississippi Bar Association
Board of Bar Commissioners, 2004-2007
Second Vice-President, 2006-2007
Ethics Committee, 2012-2015
Committee Chair, 2014-2015
Bench Bar Liaison Committee, 2016-2017
Mississippi Lawyer Committee
Past Member and Chair
Government Law Section Member
Former Access to Justice Commission
Young Lawyers Division
Board of Directors, 1991-2001-2004-2007
Mississippi Bar Foundation
Trustee, 2005-2006, 2010-2013
Lafayette County Bar Association
American Bar Association