Attorney Aaron Watson is a native of Pensacola, Florida. He graduated from Pine Forest High School, received his Bachelor of Arts degree from Florida State University and his Doctor of Jurisprudence from Stetson University College of Law. While at Stetson, he was a member of Stetson's nationally ranked trial team where he was recognized as a regional champion in trial advocacy. Mr. Watson was later recognized as a national champion when he finished 1st in the nation of 248 teams from 148 law schools in the American Association
Mr. Watson has served as president for the Black Law Students Association at Stetson, interned with the United States Department of Justice, and volunteered with the Florida Attorney General's office. He was selected for the Stall worth Trial Team Award by faculty at Stetson, named to Who's Who Among American Universities & Colleges, and was inducted into The National Order of Barristers. Mr. Watson currently serves on the Board of Governors for the American Association for Justice. He also serves on the Board of Directors for the Florida Justice Association.
In 2008, Mr. Watson participated in multi-billion dollar litigation with famed civil litigator, Willie Gary. SPS v. Motorola. In 2009, the Pensacola News Journal recognized his achievement by naming him a "Panhandle Personality." In 2010, Mr. Watson served as lead counsel in a high profile civil rights case involving the City of Pensacola, Steen v. City of Pensacola. The Steen case received national attention through news agencies such as CNN and the St. Petersburg Times, and resulted in one of the largest civil rights settlements against the City to date (http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/death-of-teen-on-bike-shows-risks-of-expanded-use-of-tasers/1112106)
In 2013, he and his law partners, Fred Levin and Cameron Stephenson, recovered one the largest verdicts todate in the national Yamaha Rhino litigation on behalf of a Pensacola resident that was seriously injured on a defective Yamaha vehicle. McMahon v.Yamaha.(http://www.legalnewsline.com/news/241356-yamaha-hit-with-3-3m-verdict-for-wanton-conduct). Mr. Watson credits his award-winning style of advocacy to his church background and his experience listening to his father's impassioned sermons.
Mr. Watson focuses his practice in the areas of personal injury, car accidents, wrongful death and products liability litigation. He is licensed to practice in the state of Florida. He is a board member of the American Association for Justice, a board member of the Florida Justice Association, a board member of YMCA of Northwest Florida, and Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc. Mr. Watson enjoys public speaking, mentoring, and serving as choir director at his church.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Member, Escambia Santa Rosa Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Florida Bar Association
- Member, American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Member, Florida Justice Association (FJA)
- Member, Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc.
- Member, American Association of Justice
- Member, Florida Justice Association
- Attorney Coach of the 2010 Florida High School Mock Trial Competition Championship team
- Board of Directors, YMCA of Northwest Florida
- Board of Directors, Making Our Mark, Inc.
- TV Personality, BLAB TV (A Free Call-in Legal Talk Show)
- Honored as Rising Black Urban Professional in Pensacola (Pensacola News Journal - 2013)
- Honored as Rising Star in Pensacola (IN Magazine- 2012)
- Public Speaker: Stop Texting and Driving Campaign
- Local High Schools, Graduating Seniors
- Pensacola State College
- Santa Rosa Correctional Facility
- Local Churches and Community Events