Andrew’s healthcare practice involves representing individual practitioners as well as hospitals and other healthcare facilities regarding malpractice, licensure and board matters, and labor and employment disputes. He also has experience with regulatory compliance including HIPAA, the Stark Law, Anti-Kickback Statute, and False Claims Act. Prior to joining the firm, Andrew practiced as a registered nurse, including experience at the bedside and leadership roles in critical care.
Andrew regularly advises businesses in relation to regulatory compliance and government contracting issues. His experience in this area includes representing clients with regard to state and federal government procurement bid protests, claims, equitable adjustments, small business size determinations, certifications challenges and other disputes related to complying with government acquisition laws and regulations.
Andrew also represents clients in regard to civil and criminal subpoenas, and other government requests for information. He handles Freedom of Information Act and Privacy Act requests and defends against competitors who seek proprietary information through these authorities.
Representative Presentations and Publications
• HIPPA Compliance for Nursing Professionals, Presenter, Lorman Education Services (June 29, 2017)
• (Un)Protected Health Information Held for Ransom , Snell & Wilmer Health Law Checkup (June 2, 2017)
• Is Your Arbitration Agreement Enforceable? Snell & Wilmer Health Law Checkup (April 6, 2017)
• You’re Fired: What Impact Will Sally Yates' Departure Have on the DOJ's Fraud Enforcement? Snell & Wilmer Health Law Checkup (February 8, 2017)
• Removal: State vs. Federal Court, Presenter, Arizona Association of Defense Counsel (February 8, 2017)
• Medical Liability in Arizona: Past, Present, and Future,” Presenter, Wickenburg Leadership Institute (October 7, 2014)
•“Gaming the System in Public Health Emergencies,” Co-Author, Journal of Law, Medicine and Ethics (November 3, 2012)
Other Professional Experience
•Arizona State University, Public Health Law and Policy Program, Legal Researcher (2012)
•Mayo Clinic Hospital, R.N. Team Leader, ENT/Neurology (2009-2011), RN Supervisor, Critical Care (2007-2008), Staff RN, Critical Care (2004-2007, 2008-2009)
Related News & Events
Snell & Wilmer Assists Legal Needs of Veterans at Arizona Veterans’ StandDown
Snell & Wilmer Assists Veterans at Annual Arizona Veterans’ StandDown
Professional Memberships and Activities
•Arizona Association of Healthcare Lawyers
•American Health Lawyer's Association
•Defense Research Institute
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.