For more than two decades, Mervyn has represented clients in Arizona family law courts. A State Bar of Arizona Certified Specialist in Family Law, he has experience and expertise in divorce, spousal maintenance, division of property, parenting plans, child support, paternity and grandparents rights.
Knowing that this is an emotional and stressful time for his clients, he works with his clients so that they not only understand the legal process but also are informed as to status of their case. Mervyn has acted as a neutral third party, with consent of both parties, to mediate and settle dissolutions or post-decree modifications.
Reuniting mother and child. After a child was kidnapped by his father, Mervyn worked diligently to successfully reunite the child with his mother.
Working to save children from abuse. Mervyn has combined his extensive knowledge of family law and his years of legal experience to protect a number of children from abusive and undesirable situations.
- Board Certified Family Law Specialist
- 2010 Southwest Superlawyer - Family Law
- Qualified as an attorney in South Africa in 1982
- Lectured law at the University of Cape Town in South Africa
- Attended University of Cambridge, England, earning a Master's Degree in commercial law
- Practiced military law in South Africa for two years before being licensed to practice law in Arizona in 1988
- Combines experience in business planning and litigation to resolve complex problems attendant to family law cases
- Encourages clients to consider alternative methods of dispute resolution, including mediation, arbitration, and other non-traditional methods
- Taught law at the University of Phoenix and lectured to lawyers on family law
(Certified Specialist, Family Law Arizona Board of Legal Specialization)