Doug's practice ranges from financial services, real estate and appellate litigation, to criminal justice litigation. He has worked as an assistant public defender at the Office of the Public Defender for the Seventeenth Judicial Circuit where he handled all aspects of criminal litigation in juvenile, county and felony courtrooms. He has also represented purchasers, sellers, lenders, borrowers and developers in the acquisition, financing, development, leasing and sale of residential and commercial real estate. Doug also has experience interning in the Appellate Division of the Office of the Public Defender for the Eleventh Judicial Circuit and for Judge Marcia G. Cooke of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
Doug earned his bachelor's degree from Pomona College (B.A., 2008) and his Juris Doctor from the University of Miami School of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2011). Doug graduated in the top 1% of his law school class where he was a member of the Order of the Coif. He received the Dean's Honor Award for Outstanding Performance in Torts and Legal Writing and Research, the C.A.L.I. Excellence for the Future Award in Commercial Law, and was a member of the Dean's List. Doug was also a member of the University of Miami Moot Court Board where he won the Best Oral Advocate award in the C. Clyde Atkins Fall 2009 Advanced Moot Court Competition and the Best Brief (Intervener) award at the 2011 National Environmental Law Moot Court Competition. Additionally, Doug was a regional winner at the 2010 National Appellate Advocacy Competition and a winner of the Litigation Skills Program's Thomas Ewald Memorial Award.
Doug is licensed in the state of Florida. He is a member of the Florida Bar Journal/News Editorial Board, the Broward County Bar Association and the Broward Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
• Dodd-Frank News: April 2015: Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act Update News • Burr & Forman Continues South Florida Growth with New Financial Services Attorney in Ft. Lauderdale. Fellow: Member of the Oregon State Bar and the Multnomah Bar Association.
• Financial Fraud Law Report: January 2015
• Dodd-Frank News: October 2014: Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act Update
• The Secured Lender: Collateral Perfection and Foreclosure of Patents (2012)
• Burr Alert: Proposed FINRA Rule 2231 Governing Customer Account Statements
• Burr & Forman Continues South Florida Growth with New Financial Services Attorney in Ft. Lauderdale. Fellow: Member of the Oregon State Bar and the Multnomah Bar Association.
Professional Associations Broward County Bar Association
Broward Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
The Florida Bar Journal/News Editorial Board.
Broward County Bar Association