- Faulty Devices in a Product Liability Lawsuit
- September 7, 2016
- Law Firm: Deutsch Kerrigan LLP - New Orleans Office
- Samsung has issued a recall notice on it latest phone the Galaxy Note 7 after reports of exploding or burning devices. As with the hoverboard craze, many of these reports are a result of a faulty battery. But not all device recalls are initiated because of faulty batteries.
The band on McDonald's Step-It tracker which was included in Happy Meals in the U.S. and Canada, apparently irritated the skin of some users and has led to a recall initiated by the company.
How do I Protect Against Bodily Injury Risk?
Malfunctioning devices can cause injuries, illnesses and even death of wearers or patients. Device manufacturers may face a product liability lawsuit when these bodily injuries occur. To alleviate these risks, Travelers Insurance suggests manufacturers consider the following strategies:
- Conduct extensive research
- Conduct robust hazard analysis
- Plan for mitigation
- Develop clear safety and use instructions