Mr. Fersko's practice reflects his extensive experience as a commercial real estate and general business lawyer. His legal services emphasize industrial and commercial real estate activities, with a particular focus on industrial leasing, project financing, sustainable development and alternative energy initiatives, urban redevelopment, and the impact of environmental laws on commercial real estate transactions, including the acquisition and redevelopment of environmentally contaminated sites. He has successfully negotiated numerous real estate agreements involving complex environmental transactional issues and related insurance agreements.
Mr. Fersko's participation in high-value real estate transactions in New Jersey includes his leading a team of lawyers as real estate, land use and public finance counsel to a major private equity firm, his involvement in one of the largest portfolio sales of industrial real estate to be completed in New Jersey in recent years, and his key role throughout the planning, financing and construction phases of one of the country's largest roof-mounted solar energy installations.
In response to the expansion of New Jersey’s legal medical marijuana program and possible enactment of an adult-use recreational program, Mr. Fersko is prepared to meet the needs of both existing and future clients by providing counsel related to the business and legal impacts of a New Jersey-based cannabis industry.
Mr. Fersko also counsels clients on transactional issues and funding options related to green building and solar development and the impact of these initiatives on leases and other agreements, including the negotiation and drafting of Engineering, Procurement and Construction Agreements (EPC) and Power Purchase Agreements (PPA).
Mr. Fersko joined the firm in January 2012. He was previously chair of the Real Estate & Redevelopment practice group at Farer Fersko.
Since the 1990's, Mr. Fersko has been coordinating, moderating and lecturing at comprehensive annual seminars addressing a variety of transactional and leasing issues for the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education. Throughout his career, he has chaired and presented programs for groups including the American College of Real Estate Lawyers, NAIOP, the American and New Jersey State Bar Associations and the International Council of Shopping Centers. Mr. Fersko has also been a guest lecturer at Monmouth University's Kislak Real Estate Institute, and has been invited to lecture at New York University and Columbia University's graduate school real estate programs.
- Recipient of the NAIOP-NJ Industry Service Award (2006) and President's Award (2005).
- Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rated AV® Preeminent (a trademark of Internet Brands, Inc.) (1990 – present)
- Listed in Chambers USA - America's Leading Lawyers for Business (a publication of Chambers and Partners) in the Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use practice area (2004 – present)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© (a trademark of Woodward/White, Inc.) in the Real Estate practice area (2007 – present)
- Listed in New Jersey Super Lawyers (a Thompson Reuters business) in the Real Estate practice area (2005 – present); listed by Super Lawyers as one of New Jersey's Top 100 Lawyers (2010 – 2014, 2018)
- Selected for inclusion in Who's Who Legal – Real Estate (a publication of Law Business Research Ltd.) (2013 – present)
- Listed in the Who's Who Legal 2015 - Compendium Edition (a publication of Law Business Research Ltd.)
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.