Mr. Baron has 30 years of experience in insurance coverage matters, with a focus on claims involving environmental liability. He has been involved in more than 80 appellate matters, including insurance and other cases, in state and federal courts, including the California Supreme Court and Court of Appeal, the Colorado Supreme Court and Court of Appeals, and the Second, Seventh, and Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Mr. Baron is a 1983 graduate of the University of Michigan Law School and a 1980 graduate of Stanford University.
•Duane Morris LLP
- Partner, 2006-present
•Hancock Rothert & Bunshoft LLP
- Partner, 1996-2005
- Associate, 1983-1989, 1991-1995
Publications and Speaking Engagements
•Contributing Author, The Practitioner's Guide to Appellate Advocacy, American Bar Association, 2010
• Henkel Corp. v. Hartford: Applying the Insurance Policy and the Public Policy of Enforcing Contracts, ABA Annual Meeting, August 2005
•Co-Author, State Insurance Law Trumps Government Contractors' FAR-Fetched Preemption Theory, Journal of Insurance Coverage, Autumn 2002
•Co-Author, Eye-Balling It: 'Cottle' proceedings are powerful pretrial tools to focus on the merits of claims, defenses or issues, The San Francisco Daily Journal, May 9, 2001
•Co-Author, The California Appellate Process: A Non-Lawyer's Guide, January 2000.
•Co-Author, Builder's Risk Insurance, Insuring Real Property (Matthew Bender & Company).
Selected Speaking Engagements
• Preserving and Presenting Appellate Issues in California, West-Thomson webinar, September 13, 2012
•Speaker, What's Hot in Asbestos, Forum For Environmental and Toxic Tort Issues Annual Conference, Chicago, Illinois, October 5-6, 2006
•Issues Arising from Henkel Corp. v. Hartford, American Bar Association Annual Meeting, Hyatt Regency Hotel, Chicago, Illinois, August 5, 2005
• Insurance Case Law Update, 17th Annual Environmental Law Super Symposium, Los Angeles County Bar Association, Omni Hotel, Los Angeles, California, March 27, 2003
• Solving Difficult Allocation Problems: Part I, Mealey's Insurance Allocation Conference, The Ritz-Carlton Huntington Hotel, Pasadena, California, January 24-25, 2002
•Certified Appellate Specialist by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.