Lawyers call upon Neda to resolve their cases, because of her unique ability to skillfully uncover and resolve the hidden and obscure issues that otherwise hold parties in conflict. Having litigated complex cases in diverse subject matters and first-chaired lengthy jury and bench trials, Neda understands the issues that keep lawyers and their clients awake at night. Her combined skills as a natural negotiator and as a trial lawyer with 20 years of experience, representing both plaintiffs and defendants, have made Neda a known “closer” in the legal community. Her customized approach to dispute resolution not only results in settlements, but also adds to her successful reputation as a strategy consultant.
Neda’s extraordinary ability to reassure, empathize and authentically connect with lawyers and their clients is one of the hallmarks of her career success. In part, this can be attributed to her early experience with catastrophic injury clients, emotionally-charged business disputes and high-stakes employment matters, all of which required a deep understanding of the human condition.
Past leadership and business roles have also informed Neda’s mediation style and dexterity to settle cases. Her assured perspective of the intersection between psychological motivators, legal issues and beneficial business outcomes provide a clear and direct path to resolution. Calling upon those same interpersonal skills, Neda’s calm, tactful and astute demeanor in crisis management has similarly inspired the trust and confidence of the individuals, companies and law firms she assists in avoiding reputational and financial damage, runaway PR trains or the destruction of business and personal relationships.
Before her career in law, Neda also founded and operated a successful high-end restaurant that has remained in her family for 25 years. Prior to co-founding Oleander Law Partners and becoming its Managing Partner, Neda served as a Senior Partner and Chief Legal Officer at the Silicon Valley trial firm of McManis Faulkner. Neda’s cherished tenure as President of California Women Lawyers also provided a rare opportunity to represent over 32,000 lawyers in California and to serve as a balanced and consensus-building leader of CWL’s 23-member Board of Governors.
These diverse experiences have enriched Neda with a practical, insightful and tenacious spirit that aids her as a mediator and all-around problem solver.
AWARDS & HONORS
• Top 100 Lawyers, Northern California Super Lawyers, 2016-present
• Top 50 Female Lawyers, Northern California Super Lawyers, 2016-present
• AV-Rated; Client & Peer Preeminent-Rated, Martindale-Hubbell, 2014-present
• Fellowship, Litigation Counsel of America
• Lifetime Fellowship, American Bar Foundation
• Top Rated Litigation Attorneys Selection, Super Lawyers, 2014-present
• Distinguished Diversity Service Award, IABA, 2015
• Top Female Powerbrokers, Law360, 2014
• Top Ten Women Leaders in Law, The Recorder, 2014
• Northern California Super Lawyers, 2014-present
• Top Emerging Law Firm Leaders in California, The Daily Journal, 2013
• Tribute to Women Executives in Industry (TWIN) Award, YWCA, 2012
• Women of Influence Award, Silicon Valley Business Journal, 2010
• Top Rising Stars, Northern California Super Lawyers, 2009 & 2010
• Top 40 Business People Under 40, Silicon Valley Business Journal, 2008
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP
• Mediator Panel, United States District Court for the Northern District of California, Fall 2019
• Speaker, ABA Annual ADR Conference–Presented by JAMS: High-Tech Business Strategies & ADR
• Panelist on JAMS Presentation: Resolution in Employment Law
• Faculty, Intensive Advocacy Program, USF School of Law
• Speaker on topics, such as Rainmaking Skills; Reputation Management in Today’s Internet Era; Maintaining Privacy Rights for High-Profile Public Figures; High-Impact Negotiations
• Published articles and quoted in Daily Journal and the Recorder on topics such as leadership, effective decision-making and mentorship
• Member, ABA, Section of Dispute Resolution
• Member, Association for Conflict Resolution
• Member, ABA, Section on Tort Trial and Insurance Practice
• President, California Women Lawyers, 2013-2014
• President, California Women Lawyers Foundation, 2014-2015
• Chair, CWL In-House Counsel Network (IHCN), 2015-2017
• Creator & Chair, IHCN Signature Puzzle Program Series
• President’s Blue Ribbon Commission on Diversity, SCCBA
• American Bar Association’s Commission on Women in the Profession
• President, 2006-2008, Women Lawyers Section of Santa Clara County Bar Association
• Executive Committee, Santa Clara County Bar Association
• Board of Trustees, Santa Clara County Bar Association
• Mediating the Litigated Case, Pepperdine School of Law – Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution
• Family Law Mediation, Pepperdine School of Law – Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution
• Women’s Negotiation Academy, Pepperdine School of Law – Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution
American Bar Foundation.