Mr. Lyons is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, the highest recognition possible in the legal industry, for his professionalism and ethics.
- Board Certified Estate Planning and Probate Lawyer, Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education
- Certified Circuit Court Mediator, 1990
Associations and memberships
- Sarasota County Bar Association (Vice-President, 1963-1964)
- The Florida Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Associate Municipal Judge, City of Sarasota, 1964-1967
John J. Lyons was born in Binghamton, New York on November 27, 1927. He was admitted to the New York Bar in 1956 and the Florida Bar in 1958. He received his education from Fordham University, receiving his B.S. in 1951, and J.D. in 1967, which was replaced by LL.B., conferred in 1955). Mr. Lyons is a Board Certified Estate Planning and Probate Lawyer, and a member of the Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education. He currently serves as a certified circuit Court Mediator, and has since 1990.