Maureen represents clients in all aspects of family law, including dissolution of marriage, paternity, and domestic violence.
She is committed to justice and community assistance in domestic violence matters. Maureen has sat on community-wide task forces attempting to develop a broad-based community response to domestic violence. The outreach to disenfranchised populations, providing programs and services to reduce violence, is intended improve general quality of life in our community.
Maureen is a native of Buffalo, New York, but has lived and practiced family law in Sarasota and Manatee Counties for over 26 years. She currently resides in Manatee County with her husband and has two adult sons.
• Admitted: 1988, Florida and U.S. District Court – Middle District of Florida.
• Pace University School of Law – J.D. Degree
• Member of the Florida Bar-Family Law Section;
• Sarasota and Manatee County Bar Associations; 12th Judicial Circuit Family Court Professional Collaborative (member, former past president, current vice-president) and Family Law Advisory Group; Inn of Court (former member); and Florida Association of Women Lawyers (former member).
• Exceptional Pro Bono Service Award, Florida Supreme Court 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015.• Teen Court Judge 2001, 2003; and Recipient of U. S. Department of Justice/Florida Coalition Against Domestic Violence STOP Violence Against Women Grant; member of Next Generation Divorce (NGD) and collaboratively trained lawyer.
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.