J. Scott Burns is a Board Certified Real Estate Law Specialist since 1986 with a practice emphasizing: the acquisition and disposition of commercial, industrial and residential properties, title review, landlord tenant issues, commercial lease negotiations, quiet title litigation, boundary disputes, corporate formations, governance and related matters.
Mr. Burns’ practice also includes estate planning, business succession planning, asset protection, and probate administration.
In addition, Mr. Burns is the designated broker and legal counsel for J. S. Burns Real Estate, a full service real estate brokerage firm.
Professional Recognitions and Awards
• AV Rated (5.0) – Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rated
• Southwest Super Lawyer Recipient
• Phoenix Magazine Top Lawyers
• Representation of clients in the acquisition, disposition, and financing of real estate and corporate transactions in excess of one billion dollars.
• Representation of Arizona’s largest SBA Premier Certified 504 Lender for 15 years in connection with commercial loan transactions.
• Representation of a national title insurance company as outside legal counsel in escrow litigation and title policy litigation throughout Arizona, including the successful defense of a $64,000,000 escrow claim.
• Representation of a large regional retail company with 24 locations in Arizona and New Mexico in connection with its commercial leases and employment issues.
• Representation of licensees before the Arizona Department of Real Estate Disciplinary Board.
• Representation of the City of Goodyear, Arizona as its legal counsel in its municipal issues from 1976 to 1990.
• Representation of numerous families in their estate planning and probate needs.
• The Thunderbirds
• Arizona Major League Baseball Alumni – Legal Counsel
• Honor House -Military Charity—Board Member
• St Luke’s Hospital, Luke’s Men, Hon Kachina Awards Program
• Valley of the Sun Kiwanis, Board of Directors
• Arizona Chapter National Committee for the Prevention of Child Abuse – Legal Counsel
• Jazz in Arizona, Inc., Founding Member/Director
• Boy Scouts Troop 401, Assistant Troop Leader (Eagle Scout)
Professional Membership and Activities
• State Bar of Arizona
• Real Estate Section
• Probate & Trust Section
• Arizona State Bar Board of Legal Specialization – Real Estate Law (1986-present)
• State Bar of Arizona Specialization Exam Committee – Real Estate Law
• State Bar of Arizona Disciplinary Committee – Volunteer Counsel
• State Bar of Arizona, Young Lawyer Executive Council
• Arizona Department of Real Estate, Broker (1986-present)• SBA 504 Loan National Association of Development Companies Certification
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.