- Update on Fiscal Year 2009 H-1B Cap-Subject H-1B Cases
- June 29, 2008 | Authors: Pierre Georges Bonnefil; Robert S. Groban; Jang Hyuk Im; William M. Poole
- Law Firms: Epstein Becker & Green, P.C. - New York Office ; Epstein Becker & Green, P.C. - San Francisco Office ; Epstein Becker & Green, P.C. - Atlanta Office ; Epstein Becker & Green, P.C. - New York Office
On June 12, 2008, the USCIS issued an update regarding H-1B processing under the Fiscal Year 2009 H-1B Cap:
1. All receipts for new H-1B petitions selected in the random lottery were issued and mailed on or before May 24, 2008, except for cases that were being reviewed as potential duplicate filings.
2. Cases thought to be duplicate filings are being hand-reviewed and a determination will be made on a case-by-case basis.
3. The number of H-1B petitions selected during the random selection process was sufficient to meet the cap limit. Accordingly, the USCIS will not establish a reserve/cushion this year.
4. The USCIS started mailing out rejection notices this week.