Firm founder Richard D. Bunin, a skilled and respected attorney since 1975, is recognized as an authority in estate planning, elder law, and real estate and business law. Consumer Guide has listed him as one of the "Best Lawyers in America," and he was selected as one of "Minnesota’s Top 20 Estate Planning Lawyers" and a "Super Lawyer" by Minnesota publications. He is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® and was awarded their Client Distinction Award. He was also named as a Five Star Wealth Manager by Five Star Professional.
He works closely with financial planners, accountants, and community groups to inform people of the laws involving estate planning, asset preservation, and tax planning. He has taught community education classes on estate planning for over 35 years and he has made presentations before many businesses, professional organizations, brokerage firms, insurance companies and civic and seniors groups. His passion for the subject is also the reason he previously hosted the "Protect Your Estate with Attorney Richard Bunin" radio program on KLBB Radio and "The Minnesota Wealth Show" on my Talk FM 107.1.
Richard Bunin takes the time to meet with and listen to his clients in order to better understand their goals and concerns. He finds the solutions that best suit their needs. As a result of his many years of teaching, he is able to explain complex legal issues in a way that is understandable to his clients. He takes pride in the feelings of relief and appreciation expressed by his clients for the work that he and his associates have done. This is why Richard Bunin has had the opportunity to help several generations of families with their estate planning, real estate, business, and elder law needs.
- Certified Real Estate Law Specialist, Minnesota State Bar Association
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Client Distinction Award from Martindale-Hubbell
- Named "One of Minnesota's Top 20 Estate Planning Lawyers," Minnesota Law & Politics Magazine
- Named a "Super Lawyer" by Mpls.St.Paul Magazine, Twin Cities Business Monthly, and Minnesota Law & Politics Magazine
- Named "One of the Best Lawyers in America" by Consumer Guide
- Named a Five Star Wealth Manager by Five Star Professional
- American Bar Association, Section of Real Property, Trust and Estate Law
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Real Property Law Section
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Financial Professionals Association
- Better Business Bureau
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
(Real Property Specialist Certified by the Real Property Section, Minnesota State Bar Association)