- Leadership Tallahassee (Affiliate Member)
Publications and Lectures
- “Florida Practitioner’s Health Law Handbook” — Chapter 9, Federal Qualified Health Centers.
- “The Quest for Interoperable Electronic Health Records — A Guide to Legal Issues Establishing Health Information Networks” — Contributing co-author Chapter 2, Privacy.
- “Physicians and RHIOs — Understanding the Use, Disclosure and Maintenance of Patient Information” — Physician Organizations Newsletter.
- Numerous lectures in Florida and nationally on issues relating to HIPAA, Corporate Compliance and Health Information Technology
Representative Client Experience■Represents Federally Qualified Health Centers in various operational and management issues.
- Represents physicians and physician practices in issues relating to employment contracting, income guarantee agreements, practice purchases, fraud and abuse compliance and other issues related to operating a medical practice.
- Represents health care providers in health information technology issues, including the licensing of electronic medical records software and participation in regional health information organizations.
- Provided representation to health care providers in administrative matters before the Departmental Appeals Board of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Provided representation to Federally Qualified Health Centers in matters involving intergovernmental transfers of local, state, and Federal matching funds.
- Assisted health care providers in responding to investigations by the Office of Civil Rights for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services relating to alleged HIPAA violations.
- Provide assistance to health care providers in complying with employment and labor issues including FMLA, FLSA and employment terminations.
- Provide assistance to not for profit organizations for corporate governance issues and executive compensation issues.
- Represents health care providers contracting with managed care entities.