Daniela N. Leavitt, Esq. is an experienced trial lawyer with a vast understanding of the nuances of litigation. Prior to becoming an attorney, Ms. Leavitt graduated summa cum laude from Stetson University with a Bachelor’s degree in International Business. Despite her keen business acumen, Ms. Leavitt stayed true to her passion and chose to enroll in the No. 1 ranked law school for Trial Advocacy. While attending Stetson University College of Law, Ms. Leavitt became a member of the nationally recognized Stetson Law Advocacy Board, and in 2008 she and her teammate placed third in the nation for mediation. Then in 2009, Ms. Leavitt interned at the State Attorney’s Office in Pinellas County as a Certified Legal Intern prior to graduating cum laude with her Juris Doctor.
Ms. Leavitt began her career as an Assistant State Attorney for the Tenth Judicial Circuit of Florida, where she worked until June of 2016. During her time in Polk County, she tried approximately 70 jury trials, argued countless pretrial motions, and handled a myriad of crimes ranging from misdemeanors to the most serious felonies. As Ms. Leavitt proceeded with her career, she recognized the growing role of digital evidence in the practice of law and, wanting to stay ahead of it, she joined the Special Projects Division where she worked closely with experts and law enforcement prosecuting Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC).
Ms. Leavitt is a member of the Florida Bar in good standing as well as a member of the bar of the Middle District of Florida. In her free time, Ms. Leavitt enjoys giving back to the community as a Magistrate for Polk County’s Teen Court Program, and participating in charity runs.
- Volunteer Magistrate, Polk County Teen Court, 2009-Present
- Fine v. Baer, 2017 WL 1437461 (M.D. Fla. Apr. 5, 2017)
- Hillsborough County v. Star Insurance Co., 847 F.3d 1296 (11th Cir. 2017)
- Fine v. Baer, 2016 WL 4472965 (M.D. Fla. Aug. 23, 2016)
- One Hour Air Conditioning Franchising, LLC v. Dallas Unique Indoor Comfort, Ltd., 2015 WL 9684920 (M.D. Fla. Nov. 13, 2015)
- One Hour Air Conditioning Franchising, LLC v. Dallas Unique Indoor Comfort, Ltd., 2015 WL 5316866 (M.D. Fla. Sept. 11, 2015)
- Star Insurance Co. v. Dominguez, 141 So.3d 690 (Fla. 2 DCA 2014)
- Tampa Bay Water v. HDR Engineering, Inc., 731 F.3d 1171 (11th Cir. 2013)
- Access for the Disabled, Inc. v. Associated Outdoor Clubs, Inc., 2013 WL 1880915 (M.D. Fla. May 3, 2013)
- Tampa Bay Water v. HDR Engineering, Inc., 2012 WL 5387830 (M.D. Fla. Nov. 2, 2012)
- State National Insurance Co. v. White, 482 Fed. Appx. 434 (11th Cir. July 12, 2012)
- Tampa Bay Water v. HDR Engineering, Inc., 2012 WL 12952412 (M.D. Fla. Feb. 8, 2012)