- Tips from IRS for Year-End Gifts to Charity
- December 9, 2015
- Law Firm: Nexsen Pruet LLC - Columbia Office
- On November 25, the Internal Revenue Service published "Tips from IRS for Year-End Gifts to Charity."
The goal was to remind "individuals and businesses making year-end gifts to charity that several important tax law provisions have taken effect in recent years."
IR-2015-134 provides key guidance about:
- Rules for Charitable Contributions of Clothing and Household Items
- Guidelines for Monetary Donations
- Qualified Charities
- Year-end Gifts
- Itemize Deductions
- Record Donations
- Special Rules