- 3 Questions to Ask Your Mesothelioma Attorney
- September 23, 2014
- Law Firm: Brayton Purcell LLP - Novato Office
If you have been diagnosed with an asbestos-related disease, you might be wondering what your legal options are as a patient. Many of those diagnosed with diseases like asbestosis and mesothelioma have been compensated for their medical bills, pain and suffering, and more with the help of attorneys experienced in asbestos litigation.
There are many different attorneys out there who offer free consultations with patients diagnosed with asbestos-related diseases. If you are getting ready to meet with one, you might want to consider asking some important questions. Here are just three:
1) How willing is the firm to fight for me and my mesothelioma or asbestos case?
There are many law firms that advertise their asbestos litigation services on their website, but will often hand cases onto other law firms or lawyers. You will want to ensure that the firm or attorney you meet with will be the one handling your case.
2) How many support staff, including trial paralegals, involved in mesothelioma and asbestos litigation are employed by the firm?
Different law firms have different resources for handling asbestos cases. A lawyer or firm complete with support staff will ensure that those resources are utilized completely to in your case.
3) What other support services can the firm provide, such as estate planning, will or living trust preparation and probate?
Patients not only need legal representation after the diagnosis of an asbestos-related disease, but also compassion and understanding of their new situation. Will your lawyer or law firm abandon you once your asbestos case has ended? A firm with support services beyond your asbesto
Writing down important questions like these before you meet with your potential attorney will ensure you make the right decision for you and your family during this difficult time.