Barbara Kinosky is the Managing Partner of Centre Law and Consulting and has more than twenty-five years of experience in all aspects of federal government contracting. Barbara is a nationally known expert on GSA and VA Schedules and the Service Contract Act, and she has served as an expert witness for federal government contracting cases. She has a proven track record of solving complex issues for clients by providing strategic and business savvy advice. Barbara was named a top attorney for federal contracting by Smart CEO magazine in 2010, 2012 and 2015. Prior to establishing Centre, Barbara was the head of a government contracts practice group at a major law firm. She started Centre in 2002 to provide integrated legal, GSA consulting and training services.
- Represented client in complex government contract issues involving the redevelopment of the World Trade Center site in NYC and the leasing of some of that space to GSA.
- Represented client on significant Mandatory Disclosure issue involving GSA and BPA labor category descriptions.
- Worked with multinationals to establish federal contracting divisions or verticals utilizing best industry practices.
- Successfully represented clients in bid protests including one of the largest bid protests decided by the GAO.
- Routinely assist clients with GSA Schedules compliance including Service Contract Act.
- Selected to SmartCEO Magazine list of top 120 attorneys for 2010, 2012 and 2015.
- Founder of the Multiple Award Government and Industry Conference (MAGIC) conference to promote government and industry partnerships for procurement excellence.
- Frequent guest on Federal News Radio.
- Testified before Congressman Davis’ Section 1423 Acquisition Reform Panel on the efficacy of performance based contracting and was quoted numerous times in the Final Report.
- Chaired panel at the Coalition for Government Procurement fall conference.
- Has spoken at the Professional Services Expo, the Greater Washington Business Summit, the NCMA World Congress, the Annual SBA National Conference, the NIH Annual Contracting Symposium, the Federal Health Care Acquisition Conference, the Practicing Law Institute in NYC and the ASA Staffing World Conference.
Washington SmartCEO’s Legal Elite 2012 – Washington’s Top Attorneys
Washington SmartCEO’s Legal Elite 2010 – Washington’s Top Attorneys
- Ten Tips for Navigating the Service Contract Labor Standards
- Boot Camp for GSA/VA Contracting text book
- Basics of Federal Contracting text book
- Service Contact Act text book
- Federal Contract Law text book
- Organizational Conflicts of Interest and Ethics text book
- Bloomberg Law Federal Contract Reports: “‘Gotcha’ Isn’t Always Enough, Contract Protesters Know“, March 14, 2017
- BNA Insights: “Procurement Integrity—New Bill Aims to Regulate Procurement Officers and Former Contractors Involved in Acquisitions“, September 15, 2015
- Contributor, Federal Government Contracting Compliance – Theodore L. Banks and Frederick Z. Banks, The Corporate Legal Compliance Handbook (1st ed. 2017)
- Bid Protests, Litigation, and Legislation, Annual Review: Hot Issues in Federal Contracting (March 2018)
- Current Compliance Issue in GSA and VA Schedules, Florida GovCon Summit (March 1, 2018)
- News and Updates on GSA/VA Schedules, Florida GovCon Summit (February 28, 2018)
- Things I Have Learned as an Arbitrator on How Not to Draft Agreements, NCMA SubCon Workshop (March 31, 2017)
- Trends 2017: The Ultimate Ins and Outs List on Government Contracting, NCMA NOVA Chapter (January 27, 2017)
- GAO Ruling Lets GSA Buy the USDA Steak, Not the Mystery Meat, Interview: Federal News Radio (January 17, 2017)
- Three-Way Squeeze on Small Business Consulting, NCMA World Congress (July 27, 2016)
- Things I Have Learned as an Arbitrator on How Not to Draft Agreements, NCMA World Congress (July 26, 2016)
- Where Human Resources and Government Contracts Intersect, Give Me 5 webinar for Women in Public Policy (May 2016)
- Annual Small Business Update, NCMA World Congress (July 2015)
- Managing Fraud Risk through ERM and Current Trends with GSA Price Reductions, 21st Annual Government Contracting Update (May 2015)
- Service Contract Act Update, Society for Human Resources Management (April 2015)
- SHRM – Service Contract Act Update, Centre training center, Tysons, VA (April 3, 2015)
- GSA Rule on Transactional Data, SCA Implementation, Federal News Radio (April 2, 2015)
- Annual Federal Contracting Update, NCMA Bethesda Chapter (April 2015)
- Panel Chair – CGP 2014 Training Conference (November 7, 2014)
- Fundamentals of Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPAs)(CSCM), NCMA World Congress 2012 (July 31, 2012)
- Changes to Regulations Governing Personal Conflicts of Interest and Organizational Conflicts of Interest, NCMA World Congress 2012 (July 30, 2012)
- Update on Small Business Plans, Certifications, Rules and Reporting, NCMA World Congress 2012 (July 30, 2012)
- Government Contract Law Seminar, Federal Contracting Institute (May 8-9, 2012)
- What Every In-House Attorney Needs to Know about Federal Contracting Seminar, Federal Contracting Institute, (March 26, 2012)
- Annual Review: Hot Topics 2012 Seminar, Federal Contracting Institute (March 22, 2012)
- Annual Review: Hot Topics 2012 Seminar, Federal Contracting Institute (March 8, 2012)
- Federal Contracting and IT Staffing: New Regulations, Trends and Insights, TechServe Alliance & Tradeshow in Phoenix, AZ (November 3, 2011)
- Service Contract Act Update, NCMA Jacksonville Chapter Meeting (October 18, 2011)
- Service Contract Act Update, NOVA SHRM Government Contracting Special Interest Group (SIG) Meeting (October 18, 2011)
- Functional and Effective Subcontracts: It’s Not Just About Flowdown Clauses, NCMA World Congress 2011 (July 11, 2011)
- Service Contract Act Performance Issues, NCMA World Congress 2011 (July 12, 2011)
- The New FAPIIS and Executive Compensation Disclosure Rules: Need-to-Know Information, NCMA World Congress 2011 (July 12, 2011)
- Emerging Compliance and Other Challenges Associated with the Small Business Rules Panel, Marketview 2011 PSC Spring Conference (March 20-22, 2011)
- Appointed to National Contract Management Association (NCMA) Board of Advisors
- Elected to Professional Services Council (PSC) Board of Directors
- Selected to American Arbitration Association (AAA) Large Complex Case Panel
- American Bar Association Section of Administrative Law, former Vice Chair of the Public Contracts and Procurement Committee
- Federal Bar Association Government Contracts Newsletter, Former Award Winning Editor
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.