Recipient: Northern California Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Fellow of the Year Award in 2015 and Honored Fellow Award in 2008; Association of Certified Family Law Specialists Hall of Fame Award, 2009; Spirit of CEB Award, 2007. Selected for inclusion in Northern California Super Lawyers® every year since 2004; Co-Founder and Administrative Chair, QDRONES, 1988 and continuing.
• Author: The Burwell Burden – New Criteria for Valuing Term Life Insurance, R. Ann Fallon: Interview with Matt Taddei, Life Insurance Expert, February 28, 2014.
• Author: Individual Retirement Accounts – Where Do IRA’s Fit in the Judgment Protocol under Family Code §2337? The Family Law News, Volume 36, Issue 1, 2014.
• Contributor to “Estate Planning and Family Law: A Guide to the Crossover Issues,” CEB, 2011-2015
• Contributor to “Dividing Pensions & Other Employee Benefits in California Divorces,” CEB, 2006-2016
• Contributor to “California Marital Settlement and Other Family Law Agreements,” CEB, 1997-2016
• Co-author of numerous articles on Family Code Section 2337 in the Family Law News and Association of Certified Family Law Specialist Newsletter
• Primary Contributor to Judicial Counsel Form QDRO for Support
• Primary Contributor to Legislative revisions to FC §2337 (“AB 861,” January 2008 chaptered) and Judicial Council Forms FL-347 and 348 (released 2009)
• Author: “California Solves National Heartbreak over Loss of Retirement on Divorce,” Series regarding Amendments to Family Code Section 2337(d) in The Family Law News, Vol. 30, No. 1, 2008 and ACFLS Newsletters, Spring, Summer and Fall 2008
• Author: “QDROs and Other Retirement Benefit Orders, The Rubic’s Cube of Marital Property Rights in an IRA,” Association of Certified Family Law Specialists Newsletter, Winter 2005, No. 1.
• Contributor to “California Family Law Practice and Procedure (Second Edition) Chapter 213 treatise,” Lexis Publishing, 1999-2005 including “California Marital Settlement Agreements on Hot Docs” (electronic document assembly program)
• Author: “QDRO for Child Support,” Family Law News, Summer 1998
• “The Three Stepsisters: QDRO, QMCSO & COBRA,” California State Bar Presentation Monterey, California, 1996
• Author: “Qualified Medical Child Support Orders,” Family Law News, Summer 1995
• Author: “COBRA at Divorce,” Family Law News, Fall 1994
Federal Advisory Committee, Medical Child Support Working Group, 1999-2000; Fellow: American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers; Association of California Family Law Specialists. QDRONES, a professional association of QDRO specialists.
(Certified Specialist, Family Law, The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization)