Mr. Brothers is a business and real estate attorney whose practice includes:
• General counsel services, including corporate counsel, business and succession planning and debt and equity financing.
• Transactional counsel services, including mergers and acquisitions, entity formation and operation, reorganizations and general commercial transactions.
• Real estate transactional counsel services, including purchase and sale of commercial real property, commercial leasing and related transactions.
• General counsel to high net worth clients concerning family succession planning including serving clients as "Family Office" CEO.
• Risk management services, including business/corporate litigation, construction litigation, real estate litigation, commercial landlord-tenant litigation and alternative dispute resolution.
Mr. Brothers also serves as mediator in disputes involving business, real estate and construction matters.
Mr. Brothers has served as a consultant and contributing editor to the CEB "Action Guide: Handling Public Works Remedies", the CEB "Stop Notices and Payment Bonds", the CEB "Handling Mechanics' Lien and Related Remedies", and the CEB "Approaching Construction Disputes." Mr. Brothers has also authored business and real estate law articles including, "Acting as Counsel for Small Corporations" and "SOX Coming to a Privately Held Corporation Near You" and "Limiting the Adverse Effects of Employee Competition Following California's Invalidation of Non-Competition Agreements."