Areas of Practice
Ms. Perry concentrates in the areas of Government Contracts law and litigation and is a lecturer and author in the area. Her broad experience in Government Contracts includes, for example: bid protests before the U.S. General Accounting Office, and the United States Court of Federal Claims; complex litigation in connection with the False Claims Act; claims litigation before the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals, and the General Services Administration Board of Contract Appeals; counseling and litigation in the areas of:
•software and technical
•data rights cost allowability, and cost allocability
•mergers and acquisitions
•subcontracts and teaming agreements
•Foreign Military Sales and Foreign Military Financing
•Truth In Negotiations Act and defective pricing
Before entering private practice, Ms. Perry worked for the U.S. General Accounting Office handling bid protests.
•Washington, D.C. Super Lawyer, 2017
•Leading Lawyer in Government - Spotlight Table, Chambers USA, 2016
•Top Government Contract Attorney, Washingtonian Magazine , 2015
•Government Contracts, MVP, Law360, 2015
•Named to Who's Who Legal: Public Procurement, 2015
•Government Contracts, Legal 500, 2015, 2016
•Leading Lawyer, Chambers USA, 2014-2016
•Martindale-Hubbell Government Law Washington, D.C. Top Rated Lawyer, 2012
Involved in hundreds of protests filed at the U.S. General Accounting Office, including:
Successfully protested a decision of the Army to deny Northrop Grumman Information Technology one of several contracts in a 9-year, $20 billion program for worldwide information technology services
Successfully defended Navy award of approximately $3 billion contract in connection with the new class of destroyers; Bath Iron Works Corporation, B-290470 et al., August 19, 2002, 17 CGEN 111,302.
Successfully defended DOE award of an approximately $5 billion M&O contract; Day Zimmerman Pantex Corporation, B-286016, et al., Nov. 9, 2000, 2001 CPD 96.
Successfully protested Navy award of contract to Hughes Missile Systems Company for engineering and manufacturing development of the Evolved Seasparrow Missile; Raytheon Company, B-261959.3, January 23, 1996, 96-1 CPD 37.
Successfully protested award of a SETA contract by the FAA to Martin Marietta; TRW Inc., B-254045.2, January 10, 1994, 94-1 CPD 18.
Represented and defended clients in lawsuits brought under the False Claims Act involving allegations concerning, e.g., complex cost accounting issues, and agent fees and domestic content in Foreign Military Sales.
Represented and defended clients in lawsuits brought against them by subcontractors relating to, e.g., payment and teaming agreements.
Conducted internal investigations concerning hot line tips regarding , e.g., concurrent IR&D. Counseled clients and conducted internal investigations of export law and regulation compliance, prepared and implemented export compliance plans, and assisted in voluntary disclosures. Counseled clients relating to payment of agent fees in connection with Foreign Military Sales and Foreign Military Financing contracts. Counseled clients in navigating regulatory requirements for small businesses, small disadvantaged businesses, 8(a) concerns and small women-owned businesses.
•Authored chapter, Federal Procurement Disputes, or 'Bid Protests'
Cloud Computing Legal Deskbook, 2013 Edition, Thomson Reuters Westlaw
Thomson Reuters Westlaw , November 2013
•No Stone Unturned--Mitigating Risk In A Government Contracts Due Diligence
The Government Contractor , February 1, 2012
Government Contracts, Investigations & International Trade Blog Posts
• Look Before You Leap - Pitfalls and Trip Wires Inherent in Government Contracting, January 27, 2016
• Equal Doesn't Always Mean Fair, November 20, 2013
• Just Give Me The Facts: GAO Overturns Army Disqualification Of Awardee, January 11, 2012
• Protests Rise; Winners Fall: GAO Releases Its Latest Protest Statistics, December 9, 2011
• Proposed FAR Rule: A New Regulatory Framework For Organizational Conflicts Of Interest And Unequal Access To Nonpublic Information , May 12, 2011
• Fixed Price Contracts - Contingencies And Assumptions Not Welcome , May 10, 2011
• Department Of Labor Attempts To Extend The Christian Doctrine To Subcontracts, August 17, 2010
• Court of Appeals Finds That R&D Costs Not Explicitly Required By A Contract Qualify As IR&D , April 14, 2010
• GAO Finds That Even Broadly Worded ID/IQ Contracts Have Their Limits , April 13, 2010
• New Export Rules Revise De Minimis Provisions, Allowing Bundled Software To Be Included In Commodity Valuation, Clarifying Terms, And Reducing Reporting Requirements , November 17, 2008
• Export Licenses Are Now C.O.D. - Department Of State Modifies ITAR Registration Fee Structure To Increase Fees And Provide For More Consistent Revenue Stream , October 6, 2008
• New DOD Rule Imposes Contractual Requirement For Contractors To Comply With U.S. Export Laws , September 8, 2008
•Government Contracts MVP: Sheppard Mullin's Anne Perry
Law360 , November 13, 2015
•Q&A With Sheppard Mullin's Anne Perry
Law360 , February 26, 2013
•Gov't Contracts Group Of The Year: Sheppard Mullin
Law360 , February 3, 2011
• Managing the 'Bouncing Ball' from a Compliance Perspective- Perspectives from Government and Industry, Multiple Award Government & Industry Conference, Arlington, VA, July 26, 2012
• Spending Protest Dollars Wisely -- Trends and Developments in Bid Protests at GAO and the COFC, Annapolis, MD, March 22, 2012
• Executive Briefing on Mergers and Acquisitions: Lessons Learned, Public Contracting Institute, May 25, 2011
• Globalization - Practical Considerations in Day-to-Day business With an International Focus, NCMA's World Congress, Dallas, TX, April 24, 2007
• Foreign Contractors and the U.S. Federal Procurement System, Washington, DC, June 20, 2006 (Anne Perry, John Chierichella, Jonathan Aronie, Louis Victorino)
• The False Claims Act: It's Not Just for Defense Contractors Anymore, Coalition for Government Procurement Premier Partner Quarterly Seminar, Washington, DC, October 21, 2005 (Anne Perry, Jonathan Aronie)
• Understanding Bid Protests, Coalition for Government Procurement Premier Partner Event, Washington, DC, September 10, 2003 (Anne Perry, Jonathan Aronie)
• Teaming Agreements: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, National Contract Management Association South Bay Chapter, Los Angeles, CA, November 14, 2000 (Anne Perry, Johnn Chierichella, Jonathan Aronie, Louis Victorino)
• Advanced Subcontracting & Teaming Agreements, Federal Publications Seminars, 1994 - Present (Anne Perry, John Chierichella, Louis Victorino)
•ABA 18th Annual Federal Procurement Institute
Forecast for Federal Procurement in 2012 and Beyond Regulatory Pressure Rising, Budgetary Storms Swirling
Loews Annapolis Hotel, Annapolis, MD , March 22, 2012
•Lunch With Your Government Contracts Lawyer
Anatomy of a Bid Protest
March 7, 2012
•Member, Public Contract Law Section of the American Bar Association