Areas of Practice
Ms. McCarty’s practice focuses on government contracts litigation and counseling, including contract termination appeals, litigation and arbitration of subcontractor disputes, and internal investigations. Ms. McCarty has counseled clients on a broad range of legal topics, including FAR mandatory disclosure rules, title passage under government contracts, and corporate compliance with the FCPA, FCA, and lobbying laws. She has practiced before the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals, Superior Court of the District of Columbia, and other state courts.
Ms. McCarty’s interests include public-private partnerships, U.S. currency, and Japanese language and culture.
•Law Clerk, Department of the Treasury, United States Mint
•Making The Granston Memo Work For FCA Defendants
Law360 , March 4, 2019
•Co-Author, The ASBCA’s Raytheon Decision: Expressly Unallowable Cost, Directly Associated Cost, and Performance Restricted Stock , 104 F.C.R. 1088, Oct. 27, 2015.
•Co-Author, Chapter 4: Discovery of Documents and Things and Entry on Premises , in Discovery Deskbook for Construction Disputes, 2nd ed., 2015.
•Flip the Coin to the Fed: The Dysfunctional Relationship Among the Federal Reserve System, Congress, and the United States Mint , 64 Admin. L. Rev. 315, 2012.
False Claims Act Defense Blog Posts
• Upswing in DOJ Qui Tam Dismissals, January 15, 2019
Government Contracts and Investigations Blog Posts
• VA Vendors Beware: Mind the Company You Keep; It’s Time for a Compliance Checkup, March 29, 2019
• VA Streamlines MSPV-NG Acquisition through Distribution and Supply Agreements, April 30, 2018
• Presumption of Declination with Voluntary Disclosure, Cooperation, and Remediation of FCPA Violations, January 12, 2018
• GAO Declines to Apply GAO Civilian Task and Delivery Order Protest Authority Act Retroactively to Lapse in Jurisdiction, April 10, 2017
• UPDATE: GAO Jurisdiction over Task Order Protests Valued at More Than $10 Million Restored, December 21, 2016
• GAO Loses Jurisdiction Over Task Order Protests Valued at More Than $10 Million, November 30, 2016
Healthcare Law Blog
• TRICARE: Defense Health Agency Issues Request for Information Regarding Formulary Management - Submission Deadline: February 5, 2019, January 25, 2019
•Pushback on P3s, ABA Section of Public Contract Law, State & Local Procurement Division Meeting, Feb. 28, 2014.
•American Bar Association - Young Lawyers Division (Public Contract Law Committee Chair 2014-2015), Section of Public Contract Law
•Board of Contract Appeals Bar Association
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.