At Caplin & Drysdale, Ms. Marshall works with senior attorneys in the Group to guide clients through the complex federal, state, and local laws that govern political activity, including:
•advising on the reporting requirements related to the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA);
•responding to political law complaints, inquiries, and audits from enforcement agencies; and
•counseling political candidates, for-profit entities, and nonprofit organizations on a variety of political law issues.
Law Clerk, U.S. Senate Committee on the Judiciary, 2018
Intern, Office of the District Attorney, Nashville and Davidson Tennessee, 2017
Intern, U.S. District Court, Middle District of Tennessee, Honorable John Trice Nixon, 2016
Intern, Department of Justice, Office of Pardon Attorney, 2016
Prior to joining Caplin & Drysdale, Ms. Marshall served as a Law Clerk to the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee. During law school, she was the Articles Editor for the Vanderbilt Journal of Entertainment and Technology Law and worked for the Criminal Law Clinic.
Ms. Marshall is proficient in French.
Blogs / Additional Resources
Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA)
• BLOG: DOJ's Push to Register State-Run Media Under FARA, www.FARA.us, March 13, 2019
• Governor Inslee's Presidential Campaign Triggers New Risks for Investment Advisers, with Matthew T. Sanderson, Trevor Potter, and Bryson B. Morgan, Caplin & Drysdale Client Alert, March 6, 2019
• BLOG: Recent Developments in FARA: Michael Cohen Hearing, with Matthew T. Sanderson, Trevor Potter, and Bryson B. Morgan, www.FARA.us, February 28, 2019
• BLOG: Updates on Congressional Action on FARA Reform, with Matthew T. Sanderson, Trevor Potter, and Bryson B. Morgan, www.FARA.us, February 20, 2019
• BLOG: Recent FARA Development: Skadden Pays $4.6 Million in Settlement, with Matthew T. Sanderson, Trevor Potter, and Bryson B. Morgan, www.FARA.us, February 15, 2019
• BLOG: The Foreign Agents Registration Act: A Brief Plain-Language Guide, with Matthew T. Sanderson, Trevor Potter, and Bryson B. Morgan, www.FARA.us, February 13, 2019
• FEC Updates Contribution Limits for 2019-2020, with Trevor Potter, Matthew T. Sanderson, and Bryson B. Morgan, Caplin & Drysdale Client Alert, February 7, 2019
• BLOG: FAQs About Letters of Inquiry from the Department of Justice FARA Unit, with Matthew T. Sanderson, Trevor Potter, and Bryson B. Morgan, www.FARA.us, January 22, 2019
•Caplin & Drysdale Honors the Women of the Firm, Caplin & Drysdale, March 8, 2019
•Caplin & Drysdale Welcomes Olivia Marshall to the Firm's Political Law Group, Caplin & Drysdale, January 7, 2019
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.