Elizabeth Morse focuses primarily on civil trial work, representing both plaintiffs and defendants, with concentrations in insurance defense, personal injury, premises liability, insurance and contract disputes. She also represents employees in claims before the Department of Industrial Accidents, and litigants at the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination. She is frequently selected by litigants and attorneys to serve as an independent mediator or arbitrator to assist in resolving disputes. She was recognized in "Best Lawyers in America" in 2007 and 2008 and "Massachusetts Super Lawyers" in 2008.
Attorney Morse is well known throughout the local and state Bar. In 2004 she was elected to serve as the President of the Worcester County Bar Association, only the second woman since 1887 to serve in that position. She also served three years on the Massachusetts Bar Association House of Delegates and one year as a member of that Association's Executive Committee. She served six years as a hearing committee member for the Board of Bar Overseers.
In 2007 Attorney Morse was appointed by Governor Deval Patrick to serve as Vice Chair of the Judicial Nominating Commission, a twenty-one member panel charged with screening and recommending judicial appointments throughout the Commonwealth. She has continued to serve in that capacity to date.
- Massachusetts Judicial Nominating Commission, (Vice Chair, 2007 to Present);
- Worcester County Bar Association, (Member 1988- present, President 2004-2005, Executive Committee 1998 - 2005);
- Massachusetts Bar Association (Member 1988-present, House of Delegates 2004-2007, Executive Committee 2007);
- Board of Bar Overseers Hearing Committee (1999- 2005);
- Magistrate Judge Merit Selection Panel, United States Federal District Court (2005, 2006, 2010);
- Worcester Superior Court Conciliator (2005-2006);
- Worcester District Court Committee, (1993 to Present, Co-Chair 1995-1996, 1998-2000; 2002-2004);
- Worcester Superior Court Medical Malpractice Tribunal (1997 to Present);
- Worcester Central District Court Volunteer Conciliator (1993 to Present);
- Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association (1989 to Present);
- Defense Research Institute (1995 to Present).
- Holy Name Central Catholic High School in Worcester
-- Coach, Mock Trial Team, 1998-present
-- Development Advisory Board (member 1994-2000, President 1997-1999);
- Diocesan School Committee, Diocese of Worcester, Member (2009-present);
- Alternatives Unlimited, Inc., Board of Directors (1997-2003), Secretary/Clerk 1999-2004, Human Rights Committee (2002-2004);
- St. Thomas More Society of Worcester County (Member, 1988-2010, Chair 1995-1996);
- Whitin Community Center, Whitinsville, MA, (Corporator 1994 to 2007 Marketing Committee 1994-1997)
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.