Bill focuses his practice on commercial bankruptcy, creditors’ rights matters, and commercial litigation.
Bill frequently appears before the Delaware Bankruptcy Court and the Delaware Chancery Court. In corporate Chapter 11 bankruptcy matters, he regularly represents Debtors, Committees, secured and unsecured creditors, trustees, asset purchasers, landlords, insurance companies, officers and directors, and governmental entities. Bill also handles general claims litigation and prosecutes and defends adversary actions, including fraudulent conveyance and preference litigation.
Prior to starting his own firm, Bill was a partner with the Wilmington office of Buchanan Ingersoll, and a partner with the Wilmington firm of Elzufon Austin Reardon Tarlov & Mondell, P.A., where he developed and led its bankruptcy practice. His prior experience includes the handling of insurance coverage matters and personal injury litigation. He has tried a dozen civil cases to verdict and has argued before the Delaware Supreme Court and the Third Circuit Court of Appeals.
Bill is a member of the Delaware State Bar Association, the American Bankruptcy Institute, and the Delaware Bankruptcy American Inn of Court.
• Liberty Brands - lead counsel to the Debtor in a successful 363 sale case
• WR Grace – Delaware counsel to the Zonolite Attic Insulation (ZAI) Committee, representing holders of property damage claims
• Pacific Energy – lead counsel to start-up which became successful buyer of Alaskan oil and gas assets
• Tribune – Delaware counsel to Wilmington Trust, as Indenture Trustee for bondholders with claims in excess of $1 billion
• WP Steel – bankruptcy counsel to purchaser of former Bethlehem Steel plant site at Sparrows Point, MD
• Satcon – Delaware counsel to unsecured creditors committee
• CDOW – lead bankruptcy counsel to religious organizations in negotiated Chapter 11 settlement plan