Mr. Davis has been practicing business law for nearly five decades. During that time, he has represented many closely held and family controlled public companies, handling hundreds of deals for clients engaged in the areas of manufacturing, retail, distribution, and service, among others.
Mr. Davis' practice encompasses a broad range of legal matters, including financing, strategic business planning, securities transactions, the acquisition, sale and dissolution of businesses and related assets, and relations with suppliers, customers and non-union staff. He counsels his clients throughout the entire life cycle of their business ventures, serving as a trusted advisor and providing highly-valued continuity of representation.
Mr. Davis has a notable concentration in franchise law, distribution and trade regulation issues, with extensive expertise in the representation of automobile dealership franchises. In alternative dispute resolution matters, Mr. Davis has a particular focus on disputes related to business divorces, post-acquisition disputes, corporate governance contract issues, and franchise terminations.
- Active Neutral on the Commercial Panel of the American Arbitration Association
- Draftsman of the original New Jersey Franchise Practices Act, enacted in 1971
- Served as one of two Governor's Representatives on the Board of Trustees of the Public Employees Retirement System of New Jersey (1995 – 2002)
- Recipient of the Middlesex County Bar Association's 2014 Robert N. Wilentz Lifetime Achievement Award, June 2014
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© (a trademark of Woodward/White, Inc.) in the Corporate Law and Mergers & Acquisitions Law practice areas (1987 – present)
- Listed in Chambers USA - America's Leading Lawyers for Business (a publication of Chambers and Partners) in the Corporate/M&A practice area (2003 – present)
- Listed in New Jersey Super Lawyers (a Thompson Reuters business) in the Mergers & Acquisitions practice area (2005 – present)
- Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rated AV® Preeminent (a trademark of Internet Brands, Inc.) (1981 – present).
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.