- 2015 Maine Workers’ Compensation Legislation Update
- September 4, 2015 | Authors: John J. Cronan; Evan M. Hansen; Nelson J Larkins
- Law Firm: Preti, Flaherty, Beliveau & Pachios, LLP - Portland Office
- Recent legislation passed amends provisions of the Maine Workers’ Compensation Act. The legislation:
(1) Allows wages on wage statements to be reported in the same manner as wages were paid;
(2) Changes the title of Hearing Officer to Administrative Law Judge; and
(3) Provides that if an employee has incapacity beyond 14 days and subsequently returns to work when attending medical appointments related to the injury, time lost to attend the appointment is not to be reported to the Workers’ Compensation Board unless there is wage loss.
This legislation becomes effective October 15, 2015.