Krishna advises issuers, fund managers, investment banks, venture capitalists, listed and private companies, start-ups and high net worth individuals in Asia, Europe and the U.S. on a wide range of equity and debt securities issuances, compliance and regulatory matters. His extensive experience in mergers, acquisitions and take-overs, private equity participation and exit strategies has led to his being regularly cited by the reputable directories as a leading lawyer.
He is regarded as one of the most highly recommended lawyers in the practice area of Capital Markets (Foreign Firms), Corporate and M&A (Local and Foreign Firms) and TMT (Local Firms) in Singapore by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2018 edition and Chambers and Partners Asia Pacific, which regularly refer to his creative yet practical and client-focused approach and his decisiveness and commerciality. Krishna is also recognized as a Leading Individual for Corporate/M&A (Domestic) in Singapore by Chambers and Partners, 2018 Global edition. In Myanmar, he is regarded as a Leading Lawyer in Corporate and M&A and a recommended lawyer in Projects (including Energy) by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2018. IFLR1000 2018 also named Krishna as a Highly Regarded Lawyer in Singapore Capital Markets. Krishna has the unique and remarkable record of being recognized as having a Leading Lawyer status in multiple jurisdictions and practice areas. His grasp of commercial issues in the corporate arena is a testament to this.
Krishna is a corporate lawyer with a very commercial approach. His practice develops according to the needs of his clients and currently due to Singapore's emergence as one of the world's leading FinTech hubs, he has more of a focus on the legal and regulatory advice relating to new financial technology business models, including crowdfunding, peer-to-peer lending platforms, blockchain technology, virtual and digital currencies such as BitCoin and Ethereum, e-wallet and trading platforms. As his clients' trusted adviser, Krishna has established himself as one of Singapore's go-to lawyers for FinTech, having previously achieved a solid reputation in the TMT space, particularly in relation to telecommunications.
Krishna’s intellectual stamina and acute appreciation of commercial realities make him a formidable adviser - his ability to come up with creative, workable solution is second-to-none. -The Legal 500.
Krishna graduated from Christ's College, Cambridge with an LL.M. in Corporate Finance on a Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer ( Freshfields ) scholarship. He articled and qualified with Freshfields in London prior to relocating to Singapore with Clifford Chance. He subsequently joined Selvam LLC and is now Managing Director of Duane Morris & Selvam LLP.
Krishna is an Advocate & Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore and a Solicitor of England and Wales. He previously sat on The Singapore Law Society's Corporate Practice Committee for Mergers & Acquisitions and Insolvency, Corporate Commercial Matters, and Listing Matters. He speaks regularly on a wide range of topics relating to M&A, corporate governance, listings, fund raising and establishment of an Asian presence at venues around the world. Born in Sri Lanka, Krishna speaks English and Mandarin.
Honors and Awards
•Recognized by The Best Lawyers in Singapore, 2019
•Leading Individual for Corporate/M&A: Domestic-Singapore - Chambers & Partners Global 2018
•Leading Individual (Corporate M&A, Projects (including Energy) Myanmar) - The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2018
•Listed by IFLR 1000 as 2018 Highly Regarded Lawyer for Capital Markets
•Listed as a Recommended Lawyer in The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2018 for Capital Markets - Foreign Firms, Corporate and M&A - Foreign Firms, Corporate and M&A - Local Firms and TMT - Local Firms, Projects (including Energy), Myanmar
•Leading Individual in Chambers & Partners Asia Pacific 2017 and Chambers & Partners Global 2017 for Corporate/M&A - Local Firms
•Who's Who Legal: Sports & Entertainment 2017 - Leading Lawyer for Sports Law & Entertainment
•Market-leading lawyer (Capital Markets, Corporate/M&A) - Asialaw Profiles 2017
•Best Lawyers in Singapore (Mergers and Acquisitions and Private Equity) - Best Lawyers in Singapore
•Global Law Expert (Corporate Law, Singapore; Corporate Finance, M&A Law and Corporate Law, Myanmar) - Global Law Experts Guide
•Duane Morris & Selvam LLP/ Selvam LLC
•Clifford Chance LLP
•Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP
Accolades, Publications and Speaking Engagements
• An intelligent strategist that you simply need in your corner when negotiating a difficult deal. The Legal 500, 2016
• Krishna's intellectual stamina and acute appreciation of commercial realities make him a formidable adviser - his ability to come up with creative, workable solutions is second-to-none. The Legal 500, 2015
• He is very insightful and knows how to identify our concerns and those of the other parties so that he can reconcile things. Chambers Asia Pacific, 2014
• ... a sharp, polished lawyer who offers clever solutions to our problems. Chambers Asia Pacific 2011, A Client's Guide
• ... wonderful interpersonal skills, and ability to see things from the client's perspective. Chambers & Partners, Client Guide 2008
• ... clients recommend 'creative and meticulous' capital markets expert Krishna Ramachandra The Legal 500 - Asia Pacific 2009/2010
• ... clients have highlighted the 'detailed and creative' approach of Krishna Ramachandra on M&A transactions The Legal 500 - Asia Pacific 2009/2010
•Co-author, Implications of Delay in Commencement of New Myanmar Companies Law 2017, Duane Morris Alert, January 9, 2018
•Featured in the Myanmar Section of Annual Review, Mergers & Acquisition, Financier Worldwide, August 2017
•Featured in video series Doing Business in Myanmar, Conventus Law, June 26, 2017
•Quoted in, Even without TPP, Trump presidency promises increased activity for lawyers, Asialaw, December 1, 2016
•Co-author, Chapter 48: Myanmar, Mergers and Acquisitions Review, 2016
•Author, Htin Kyaw - What Now? Acquisition International Magazine, April 1, 2016
•Quoted in All-Round Calibre Is Key for New Awards, The Straits Times, March 27, 2016
•Co-author, Chapter 46: Myanmar, Mergers and Acquisitions Review, 2015
•Co-author, Myanmar Insider, Storm, February 17, 2015
•Featured in Potential and Risks of Investing in Myanmar, Conventus Law, May 19, 2014
• Investing in ASEAN: What Foreign Investors Need to Know, Investing in ASEAN, 2011
Selected Speaking Engagements
•Interviewed on Primetime Asia, May 23, 2018
• A Rising Asia: Developments and Opportunities from 'on the ground' in Singapore, San Francisco, March 2011
• Disclosure Requirements for Listed Companies, Company and Securities Law 2009 Conference, Singapore, August 17-18, 2009
• Due Diligence 'How Tos' for Young Corporate/Commercial Practitioners, September 9, 2008
• Setting Up New Ventures in India: India Business Insights and Economic Outlook, Singapore, April 15, 2008
• M&A and REITS, Asia Business Forum's REIT Conference, February 27-28, 2008
• Listing on AIM: Undertaking AIM Listings, June 29, 2007
•Private Equity / Investment - The 2012 Sweet Spot for Global Investment: Seizing Opportunity and Mitigating Risk in Southeast Asian Markets
(Also at Singapore, Singapore office)
•Past Member, Singapore Law Society Committee for Mergers & Acquisitions and Insolvency, Corporate Commercial Matters and Listing Matters
•Member, Singapore Institute of Directors
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.