Bridget Rohde, a former federal prosecutor, counsels organizations and individuals with respect to investigations being conducted by the U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. Attorneys' Offices, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, and U.S. Commodity and Futures Trading Commission, as well as by various state and local law enforcement agencies. This has included representing individuals employed in the financial and insurance industries, in high profile securities and financial fraud investigations over the last several years. She also works with clients to identify and remediate potential vulnerabilities to fraud and abuse, conducting internal investigations for private and public sector clients and providing guidance on creating and improving compliance initiatives.
Additionally, over the course of the last several years, Ms. Rohde served as counsel to the court-appointed monitor of a major labor union subject to a consent order in connection with a civil racketeering case in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
Previously, Ms. Rohde was Chief of the Criminal Division for the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Eastern District of New York, where she supervised approximately 100 Assistant U.S. Attorneys in areas including Business and Securities Fraud, Civil Rights, Narcotics, Organized Crime and Racketeering, Public Corruption and Violent Crimes and Terrorism. During her tenure at the Office, including as Deputy Chief of the Organized Crime and Racketeering Section and Deputy Chief of the Criminal Division, she personally conducted complex criminal investigations, handled numerous jury trials and argued appeals before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. Notable cases included the prosecutions of a La Cosa Nostra captain for racketeering involving domination of the scrap metal industry, a La Cosa Nostra underboss for labor racketeering and a Russian organized crime boss for extortion and immigration fraud.
Ms. Rohde has taught, written and presented on white collar criminal defense and related issues in numerous venues. She taught White Collar Crime at the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law. Her most recent publications include articles on healthcare enforcement trends, appearing in the New York Law Journal and Law360, and an article reviewing the recently released OECD foreign bribery report, appearing in the New York Law Journal. She also appears as a panelist at professional conferences and in webinars regarding financial crimes and health care enforcement.
Following her graduation with Honors from the University of Maryland School of Law, Ms. Rohde clerked for the Honorable Frederic N. Smalkin, U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland, and was a litigation associate handling complex commercial litigation and products liability cases at Piper and Marbury.
Recognitions & Awards
•Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent
•Best Lawyers in America: Criminal Defense: White Collar (2013 - 2015)
•2004 Director's Award for Superior Performance as an Assistant U.S. Attorney
•1998 Federal Law Enforcement Foundation Federal Prosecutor Award
• Sixty-Two Mintz Levin Attorneys Included in The Best Lawyers in America, 2015 Edition, (08.18.2014)
• Sixty-Three Mintz Levin Attorneys Included in The Best Lawyers in America, 2014 Edition, (08.15.2013)
•Quoted in Big Lots CEO to Leave Amid Report of Stock Sale SEC Probe, Bloomberg (12.05.2012)
• Sixty Mintz Levin Attorneys Included in The Best Lawyers in America, 2013 Edition, (08.24.2012)
• Mintz Levin Attorney Bridget Rohde to Participate in the American Bar Association's Fifth Annual National Institute on Securities Fraud, (09.27.2010)
• Mintz Levin Expands Health Care Enforcement Defense Practice Group, (07.06.2009)
•The Government Investigator Is Knocking: Now What?, Association of Corporate Counsel (2009)
• Mintz Levin Expands White Collar Crime and Corporate Investigations Practice in New York, (01.08.2007)
•Co-author, Lessons from the OECD Foreign Bribery Report, New York Law Journal (02.25.2015)
•Co-author, 2014 Health Care Enforcement Year In Review: Part 2, Law360 (01.14.2015)
•Co-author, Health Care Enforcement in 2015: A Look Back on 2014 and Forecasting the Year Ahead, Health Care Enforcement Defense Advisory (01.13.2015)
•Co-author, 2014 Health Care Enforcement Year In Review: Part 1, Law360 (01.13.2015)
•Author, Clear-Eyed Ruling on Cellphone Privacy From High Court, Law360 (06.25.2014)
•Author, The Strike Force Approach to Combatting Health Care Fraud, New York Law Journal (02.10.2014)
•Co-author, A Review of Health Care Enforcement in 2013: Part 2, Law360 (02.06.2014)
•Co-author, A Review of Health Care Enforcement in 2013: Part 1, Law360 (02.05.2014)
•Co-author, Health Care Enforcement in 2013: A Year in Review, Health Care Enforcement Defense Advisory (01.13.2014)
•Co-author, No Clear Rule on Warrantless Cellphone Searches, Law360 (04.01.2013)
•Co-author, Government Access to Email and Data Stored Online, New York Law Journal (01.29.2013)
•Author, How to Avoid Criminal Liability for Errant Employees, Law360 (09.07.2012)
•Co-author, The DOJ's FCPA Crackdown on the Pharmaceutical and Medical Devices Industry, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) Alert (09.23.2010)
•Co-author, After Supreme Court's Honest Services Fraud Ruling, Questions Remain, New York Law Journal (07.14.2010)
•Co-author, Fraud and Abuse Enforcement: Big Recoveries in 2009; Big Plans for 2010, Health Care Enforcement Defense Alert (05.17.2010)
•Co-author, Khuzami Announces Initiative To Encourage Cooperation by Individuals and Companies with SEC Investigations, Securities Litigation White Collar Defense Alert (01.14.2010)
•Author, DOJ Criminal Chief's Recent Speech Foreshadows Increased FCPA Prosecutions and Reminds Companies to Implement and Follow Best Practices, White Collar Defense Alert (01.07.2010)
•Author, Taking Stock of Your Own House: Proactively Responding to the Subprime Mortgage Crisis, CFO.com (07.22.2008)
Bridget Rohde discusses corporate criminal liability for the actions of employees and how companies can protect themselves.
• Panelist, Health Care Enforcement 2014: A Year in Review, Health Care Enforcement in 2015: A Look Back on 2014 and Forecasting the Year Ahead, Mintz Levin, Webinar (02.05.2015)
• Panelist, 2014 Enforcement Outlook for Public Companies in the Health Care and Life Sciences Sectors, Mintz Levin, Webinar (02.26.2014)
• Faculty, FCPA Long Arm Jurisdiction: How Far Can SEC and DOJ Reach?, 8th Annual National Institute on Securities Fraud, American Bar Association, New Orleans, LA (10.24.2013)
• Panelist, FCPA & UK Bribery Act: Lessons to Be Learned from Current Developments, Mintz Levin, Webinar (04.25.2012)
• Panelist, The Confessions of an Inside Trader, The Samuel & Ronnie Heyman Center on Corporate Governance of the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law at, New York, NY (02.02.2012)
• Panelist, Dodd-Frank's New Tools for the SEC Tool Box, Sixth Annual National Institute on Securities Fraud Conference, American Bar Association, New Orleans, LA (11.03.2011)
• Panelist, Change? DOJ's New Guidance on Criminal Discovery (Ethics), Fifth Annual National Institute on Securities Fraud Conference, American Bar Association (10.08.2010)