Bridget Rohde is a member of the Litigation Section, practicing primarily in the areas of white collar criminal defense, corporate compliance and investigations, and monitorships.
Ms. Rohde represents clients in a variety of criminal, civil and regulatory matters. She counsels corporate and individual clients in investigations conducted by the U.S. Department of Justice, Securities and Exchange Commission, and other federal, state and local law enforcement agencies. This has included successfully representing individuals in high-profile securities and financial fraud investigations conducted by numerous law enforcement agencies over the course of the last several years. Ms. Rohde also conducts internal investigations and provides guidance on creating and improving compliance initiatives. Additionally, since June 2010, Ms. Rohde has served as counsel to the Court-appointed monitor of a major labor union subject to a consent order in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
Previously, Ms. Rohde was Chief of the Criminal Division for the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Eastern District of New York, where she supervised approximately 100 Assistant U.S. Attorneys. During her tenure at the Office, including as a line assistant, Deputy Chief of the Organized Crime and Racketeering Section and Deputy Chief of the Criminal Division, she personally conducted complex criminal investigations, handled numerous jury trials and argued appeals before the Second Circuit.
Ms. Rohde has taught, written and presented on white collar criminal defense and related issues in numerous venues. She taught White Collar Crime at the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law. Her most recent publications include articles on healthcare enforcement trends, appearing in the New York Law Journal and Law360, and an article reviewing the U.S. Supreme Court's recent decision on cell phone privacy, appearing in Law360. She also frequently appears as a panelist at professional conferences, including the ABA Securities Fraud Institute.
Following her graduation from the University of Maryland School of Law, Ms. Rohde clerked for the Honorable Frederic N. Smalkin, U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland, and was a litigation associate handling complex commercial litigation and products liability cases at Piper and Marbury.
• Sixty-Two Mintz Levin Attorneys Included in The Best Lawyers in America, 2015 Edition , ( 08.18.2014 )
• Sixty-Three Mintz Levin Attorneys Included in The Best Lawyers in America, 2014 Edition , ( 08.15.2013 )
• Quoted in Big Lots CEO to Leave Amid Report of Stock Sale SEC Probe , Bloomberg ( 12.05.2012 )
• Sixty Mintz Levin Attorneys Included in The Best Lawyers in America, 2013 Edition , ( 08.24.2012 )
• Mintz Levin Attorney Bridget Rohde to Participate in the American Bar Association's Fifth Annual National Institute on Securities Fraud , ( 09.27.2010 )
• Mintz Levin Expands Health Care Enforcement Defense Practice Group , ( 07.06.2009 )
• The Government Investigator Is Knocking: Now What? , Association of Corporate Counsel ( 2009 )
• Mintz Levin Expands White Collar Crime and Corporate Investigations Practice in New York , ( 01.08.2007 )
Awards & Recognitions
•Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent
•Best Lawyers in America: Criminal Defense: White Collar (2013 - 2015)
• Author, Clear-Eyed Ruling on Cellphone Privacy From High Court , Law360 ( 06.25.2014 )
• The Strike Force Approach to Combatting Health Care Fraud , New York Law Journal ( 02.10.2014 )
• Co-author, A Review of Health Care Enforcement in 2013: Part 2 , Law360 ( 02.06.2014 )
• Co-author, A Review of Health Care Enforcement in 2013: Part 1 , Law360 ( 02.05.2014 )
• Co-author, Health Care Enforcement in 2013: A Year in Review , Health Care Enforcement Defense Advisory ( 01.13.2014 )
• Co-author, No Clear Rule on Warrantless Cellphone Searches , Law360 ( 04.01.2013 )
• Co-author, Government Access to Email and Data Stored Online , New York Law Journal ( 01.29.2013 )
• Author, How to Avoid Criminal Liability for Errant Employees , Law360 ( 09.07.2012 )
• Co-author, The DOJ's FCPA Crackdown on the Pharmaceutical and Medical Devices Industry , Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) Alert ( 09.23.2010 )
• Co-author, After Supreme Court's Honest Services Fraud Ruling, Questions Remain , New York Law Journal ( 07.14.2010 )
• Co-author, Fraud and Abuse Enforcement: Big Recoveries in 2009; Big Plans for 2010 , Health Care Enforcement Defense Alert ( 05.17.2010 )
• Co-author, Khuzami Announces Initiative To Encourage Cooperation by Individuals and Companies with SEC Investigations , Securities Litigation White Collar Defense Alert ( 01.14.2010 )
• Author, DOJ Criminal Chief's Recent Speech Foreshadows Increased FCPA Prosecutions and Reminds Companies to Implement and Follow Best Practices , Article ( 01.07.2010 )
• Author, Taking Stock of Your Own House: Proactively Responding to the Subprime Mortgage Crisis , CFO.com ( 07.22.2008 )
• Speaker, 2014 Enforcement Outlook for Public Companies in the Health Care & Life Sciences Sectors, 2014 Enforcement Outlook for Public Companies in the Health Care and Life Sciences Sectors , Mintz Levin, Webinar (02.26.2014)
• Faculty, FCPA Long Arm Jurisdiction: How Far Can SEC and DOJ Reach?, 8th Annual National Institute on Securities Fraud , American Bar Association, New Orleans, LA (10.24.2013)
• Panelist, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) & UK Bribery Act: Lessons to Be Learned from Current Developments, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and UK Bribery Act: Lessons to be Learned from Current Developm , Mintz Levin, Webinar (04.25.2012)
• Speaker, Confessions of an Inside Trader, The Confessions of an Inside Trader , The Samuel & Ronnie Heyman Center on Corporate Governance of the Benjamin N.Cardozo School of Law at, New York, NY (02.02.2012)
• Speaker, Dodd-Frank's New Tools for the SEC Tool Box, National Institute on Securities Fraud , American Bar Association, New Orleans, LA (11.03.2011)
• Speaker, Change? DOJ's New Guidance on Criminal Discovery (Ethics), National Institute on Securities Fraud Conference , American Bar Association (10.08.2010)