Bruce Wirth's principal areas of practice are insurance law, commercial litigation and personal injury. He has acted for a variety of insurance companies defending claims against insurers, defending liability claims against insureds (including dentists, lawyers, architects, appraisers, insurance agents, real estate agents, land surveyors and others), prosecuting subrogated claims, and providing advice to insurance companies regarding policy interpretation and application.
Bruce has acted as counsel in litigation involving diverse areas of the law including negligence, negligent misrepresentation, professional negligence, economic torts, civil conspiracy, malicious prosecution, breach of fiduciary duty, nuisance, patent infringement, breach of contract, injunctions, product liability, residential schools, property insurance, liability insurance, life insurance and disability insurance.
· Saskatchewan Trial Lawyers' Association Committee on No-Fault Insurance - Member (since January 2009)
· Canadian Bar Association, National Insurance Law Section - Executive Member (since 2008)
· Most Loyal Gander, The Honourable Order of the Blue Goose International, Saskatchewan Pond (2005)
· Saskatchewan Trial Lawyers Association - Treasurer (1995-1996); President-Elect (1996-1997); President (1997-1998)
· Joint Committee of the Law Society of Saskatchewan and Canadian Bar Association (Saskatchewan Branch) on No-Fault Insurance - Former Member (from its inception in 1996)
Papers & Presentations
· Contributor to Queen's Bench Practice Manual (Chapter 1 - Pleadings).
· "The Ability to Sue Under Saskatchewan's Automobile Insurance System", The Saskatchewan Advocate, December 2002 (Reprinted by the Trial Lawyers Association of BC in The Verdict, June 2003).
· "Court Decisions Under No-Fault", The Saskatchewan Advocate, December 1999.
· "No-Fault Insurance: A Boon for Liability Insurers," The Saskatchewan Advocate, March 1999.
Awards & Distinctions
· Selected as one of the Best Lawyers in Canada - Insurance Law (since 2011)
· Named SK Insurance Lawyer of the Year by Best Lawyers in Canada (2012)
· Lexis-Nexis / Martindale-Hubbell - "BV Peer Review Rated"