- Banking and Finance Law
- Corporate and Commercial
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private Equity
|University ||University of Western Ontario, Huron College, B.A., 1980|
|Law School||McGill University, LL.B., 1984|
Celia Rhea is a partner at Goodmans. As the former head of one of the business law sections, Celia has played a critical role in building Goodmans' corporate practice. She joined Goodmans in 1988 and has been a partner since 1992.
Celia has a transactional practice that encompasses private equity, financing, mergers and acquisitions, restructuring and workouts.
Recent mandates Celia has been involved in include representing:
• Canwest Media's noteholders in the $2 billion acquisition of Canwest Global's broadcasting assets by Shaw Communications
• Postmedia Canada Corp. in its $1.1 billion acquisition of Canwest's publishing business and ongoing corporate matters
• Masonite International in its cross-border restructuring and ongoing corporate matters
• the investor group led by Teachers' Private Capital in the $52 billion proposed acquisition of BCE
• Tembec Inc. in its US$1.2 billion recapitalisation
• as Canadian counsel to Thomas H. Lee Partners and Fidelity National Financial in the financing of their US$5.3 billion acquisition of Ceridian Corporation.
Celia is a frequent speaker at industry conferences and is recognized as a leading lawyer by various legal publications including Lexpert®, Chambers, IFLR and The Best Lawyers in Canada.
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#1,373 in weekly profile views out of 15,700 lawyers in Toronto, Ontario|
|#140,279 in weekly profile views out of 1,500,634 total lawyers Overall|