Daniel R. Hansen's principal areas of practice are commercial and business litigation, construction law, fidelity and surety law, and wrongful-death and severe personal-injury litigation.
Dan has extensive experience in representing businesses of all sizes in a variety of legal disputes and commercial transactions. He devotes approximately fifty percent of his practice to construction and surety law, representing contractors, owners, sureties and construction materials manufacturers. Dan has extensive experience representing window manufacturers in commercial and residential claims, both in federal and state courts throughout the Southeast. He also has substantial experience in shareholder disputes, broker-dealer litigation, non-compete litigation, insurance bad-faith litigation, coverage disputes, agriculture-related disputes, representation of local governments and non-profit organizations and high-value wrongful-death and personal-injury claims.
· 2010. Excluded experts and obtained summary judgment in multi-million dollar products-liability case. Snoznik v. JELD-WEN, INC., 2010 WL 1924483 (W.D.N.C.).
· 2008. Negotiated $4 million settlement for traumatic-brain injury victim (details confidential).
· 2007. Achieved $2.64 million settlement with taverns for wrongful-death victims even though there were no eye-witnesses who would testify that they saw the drunk driver being served alcohol while intoxicated.
· Oct. 2, 2007. Overturned summary judgment in reported decision: Park East Sales, LLC v. Clark-Langley, Inc., 186 N.C. App. 198, 651 S.E.2d 235 (2007), rev. denied, 362 N.C. 360, 661 S.E.2d 736 (2008). http://caselaw.findlaw.com/nc-court-of-appeals/1040149.html.
· Dec. 1, 2000. Obtained highest soft-tissue injury jury verdict in county history, per judge presiding in: Dr. Stephen R. Byrd v. Moddassir M. Ali, Davidson County Superior Court, case no. 99-CVS-2352.
· AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Professional and Community Affiliations
· Adjunct Professor at Charlotte School of Law
· Mecklenburg County Bar Association
· North Carolina State Bar Association
· American Bar Associations
· Catawba River District, Board of Advisors
· Case Western Reserve University School of Law, Board of Directors, Law Alumni Association, Co-Chair of Academic Subcommittee
· Boards of Directors for a variety of local-government, religious and non-profit entities