Daniel R. Lapinski is a shareholder with Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer, P.A. in Woodbridge, New Jersey, and is a member of the firm's Mass Tort Class Action Group. He concentrates his practice on mass tort litigation, representing victims who have been harmed by dangerous pharmaceutical products and defective medical devices. He also focuses on complicated class action litigation representing consumer fraud victims.
Mr. Lapinski has had significant involvement in complex cases. As a class action attorney, he has successfully argued federal preemption issues before the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit and has been actively involved in the resolution of noteworthy cases, including:
• In re Ford Explorer Cases, JCCP Nos. 4266 & 4270, a California class action that was settled on behalf of nearly one million vehicle owners residing in California, Connecticut, Illinois and Texas following 50 days of trial in Sacramento, California;
• Alexander v. Solvay Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Case No. BC300364, a $30 million settlement on behalf of a class of California purchasers of a pharmaceutical product that was alleged to have been falsely and deceptively advertised;
• Slaughter v. Unilever United States, Inc., Civil Action No. 09-cv-2027 (D.N.J.), a nationwide settlement on behalf of a class of consumers who purchased Super Shots, a fruit blend product deceptively alleged to help control blood pressure;
• In re: Ortho Evra Birth Control Patch Litigation, a mass tort litigation involving injuries and damages resulting from the use of a transdermal birth control patch;
• In re: Propulsid Litigation, a mass tort litigation involving injuries and damages resulting from the use of a drug prescribed for the treatment of acid reflux;
• In re: Rezulin Litigation, a mass tort litigation involving injuries and damages resulting form the use of a drug prescribed for the treatment of diabetes.
At present, Mr. Lapinski serves as Co-Lead Counsel in In re DePuy ASR Hip Implants Litigation, Superior Court of New Jersey Case No.: 293, and as a member of the Plaintiffs' Steering Committee in In re: Stryker Rejuvenate & ABG II Modular Hip Implant Litigation, Superior Court of New Jersey Case No. 296, In re: Heparin Products Liab. Litig., MDL Docket No. 1953 and In re: Zimmer NexGen Knee Implant Prods. Liab. Litig., MDL Docket No. 2272. He regularly serves as a panelist and speaks on topics related to mass tort and class action litigation.
Mr. Lapinski is a member of the American Association for Justice (AAJ), the National Association of Shareholder and Consumer Attorneys (NASCAT), the New Jersey Association for Justice (NJAJ), the New Jersey State Bar Association and the New York State Bar Association, and has been selected for inclusion in New Jersey Super Lawyers - Rising Stars for 2011 and New Jersey Super Lawyer for 2013 and 2014.
Area of Emphasis
Drug/Medical Device Litigation
• DePuy Hip Implant Recall - Informational Video
• Actos Informational Video - Dan Lapinski, Esq.
• Personal Injury Report (June 2014)