Gary R. Greenberg has more than 25 years of experience throughout the United States and other parts of the world, including Switzerland, United Kingdom, Bulgaria, the Cayman Islands, Cyprus and the Isle of Man, representing clients in a wide variety of complex matters, at trials and in state and federal appellate courts and the Supreme Court of the United States, including international fraud recovery, patent infringement and intellectual property disputes; responding to state and federal securities investigations related to securities litigation; class actions; money laundering actions; civil forfeiture proceedings; asbestos litigation; Petroleum Marketing Practices Act litigation; mail and wire fraud criminal proceedings; labor disputes; shareholder derivative actions; franchisor-franchisee disputes; lender-borrower disputes; telecommunications litigation; public bid procurement disputes; land-use disputes; litigation concerning regulations promulgated by state and federal agencies; complex personal injury; binding and non-binding mediation; death action claims; and contract, tort and statutory claims. Gary also appears before state and federal administrative agencies. Gary has also represented companies, their officers and affiliates who have been the targets of international Internet harassment and defamatory postings, including obtaining court orders directing the removal of defamatory postings. He has lectured, conducted workshops, and served as a public commentator for print and radio commentary on a variety of litigation issues.
Gary represents a wide cross section of clients engaged in many industries, including: financial institutions, multi-use real estate development, energy production, information technology, retail and others.
Gary devotes significant time to supporting many non-profit organizations, both in his role as a member of boards of directors, as well as assuming leadership roles in many of their funding activities.
Areas of Concentration
• International fraud recovery
• Intellectual property and patent litigation
• Securities litigation
• Complex commercial litigation
• Real estate financing
• Energy products facilities
• Protection from Internet harassment and legal actions to remove defamatory posting
Awards & Recognition
• Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Massachusetts Super Lawyers, 2004-2015
• Listed, Law Review: Who's Who in Legal Services, Boston Business Journal, March 10, 2011
• Rated, AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5
AV, BV, AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used under in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.
Associated News & Events
10.23.15 18 Greenberg Traurig Boston Attorneys Recognized in 2015 Edition of Massachusetts Super Lawyers
11.07.14 16 Greenberg Traurig Attorneys Included in 2014 Edition of Massachusetts Supers Lawyers
11.04.13 16 Greenberg Traurig Attorneys Included in the 2013 Edition of Massachusetts Super Lawyers
08.23.10 Eight Greenberg Traurig Attorneys in Boston Office Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2011
01.19.10 Greenberg Traurig's Boston Office Grows Corporate Group; Expands Focus
04.24.08 U.S. Court of Appeals Affirms Jury Verdict in Favor of Gas Station Owners
06.01.06 Greenberg Traurig Expands its Boston Office With the Addition of New Shareholder, David J. Dykeman
01.23.06 Greenberg Traurig Further Expands its Boston Office With the Addition of H. Hamilton Hackney, III
04.14.05 Greenberg Traurig Further Expands its Boston Office With the Addition of Christopher H. Milton
10.10.00 Greenberg Traurig LLP Attorney Appointed to Board of the Reggie Lewis Foundation Inc.
Articles, Publications, & Lectures
• Author, Look for Partnering Opportunities: How Your Organization Can Truly Make a Difference! Le Courrier, July 2011
• Profiled, Quiet Competition, Boston Business Journal, June 25, 2010
• Quoted, Greenberg Traurig Nabs Corporate Team in Boston, The National Law Journal, January 21, 2010
• Quoted, Greenberg Traurig Expands Boston Office With Addition of Former Advisor to Puerto Rico's President of Government Development Back Diego R. Figueroa, Earthtimes, February 27, 2009
• Quoted, Greenberg Traurig Attorney Annapoorni Sankaran Included Among Boston Business Journal's '40 Under 40, ' Fox Business, August 13, 2009
• Quoted, Greenberg Traurig Attorney Selected For Massachusetts Life Sciences Collaborative Task Force, Boston Business News, August 25, 2009
• Quoted, Time Served, Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, November 9, 2009
• Quoted, Sports Agents Fight Over Cuban Pitcher, Courthouse News Service, December 18, 2009
• Quoted, (Un)fair play, Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, December 28, 2009
• Quoted, Former AG Reilly Rules Out Another Stint in Politics, Boston Business Journal, June 27, 2008
• Quoted, Commercial Petroleum Marketing Practices Act, Rhode Island Lawyers Weekly, April 28, 2008
• Quoted, Federal Court Has Jurisdiction Over Claims Passed From a Corporation to Its Bankruptcy Estate to a Trust, New Jersey Law Journal, March 17, 2008