"I strive to provide practical, solutions-driven advice that facilitates getting the job done for my clients in the manner they expect and deserve."
Areas of Focus
Glen is the managing partner of Fillmore Riley LLP and practises mainly in the areas of corporate and commercial law, with emphasis on acquisitions, banking and secured transactions, and real property with emphasis on commercial development, leasing, and construction. He maintains a broad based commercial practice on behalf of local, national, and international clients in addition to his role as managing partner of the firm.
Representative Clients / Cases / Transactions
· Ice Futures Canada Inc. (formerly Winnipeg Commodity Exchange)
· Barkman Concrete Ltd.
· Pollard Banknote Limited
· The TDL Group Corp. (Tim Hortons)
· Brookside Industrial Park
· Ben Moss Jewellers Western Canada Ltd.
· MMI Equities Ltd.
Corporate and Acquisitions
· Lead outside counsel to Winnipeg Commodity Exchange in respect to all aspects of demutualization, electronic conversion, and a multi-million dollar sale by plan of arrangement
· Acted as lead counsel for multiple small business owners in connection with various acquisition and divestiture transactions, including sales of Mayers Packaging, Mayers Fibre Tube & Core, Franklin Enterprises Ltd, and CML Northern Blower Inc.
· Acted in local agent capacity on Manitoba aspects of numerous national and international acquisition transactions
Banking and Secured Transactions
· Counsel to multi-bank holding group in respect to a multi-million dollar, multi-lender, multi-facility club loan arrangement
· Counsel for the Borrowers in respect to a multi-million dollar, multi-lender multi-facility club loan arrangement involving an international corporation
· Manitoba opinion and related work in respect to numerous national secured transactions, syndicated loans, and Manitoba limited partnership financings
Real Property / Development / Construction
· Handled all legal aspects of a multi-lot, customized industrial subdivision known as Brookside Industrial Park including all aspects of subdivision, development agreements, easements, and lots sales (2006 to date)
· 2009 sale and related aspects of subdivision, joint venture and development of 200-acre parcel on Kenaston Boulevard to become Seasons of Tuxedo development
· Manitoba title opinions, registrations and property acquisitions for major national retail franchisor
· Handle all aspects of commercial leases for various national retailers
· Handle tendering and construction contract advice for multiple contractors and / or developers
Acted for Purchasers or Vendors in respect to multiple and various commercial real estate transactions including the following recent transactions:
· Sale of a 192-unit residential apartment complex
· Acquisition and leasing of a 13,600-square foot multi-tenant commercial office complex
· Sale of a 21,000-square foot single tenant commercial building
· Sale of a 22,000-square foot multi-tenant office building
· All aspects of acquisition, financing and co-ownership organization for multiple commercial building acquisitions on behalf of newly structured co-ownerships promoted by MMI Equities Ltd.
· Managing Partner
· Chair, ISO Committee
· Manitoba representative for legal developments on the Canadian Committee of the International Council of Shopping Centres (ICSC)
· Member, Board of Directors, CancerCare Manitoba Foundation
· Member, Board of Governors, St. Charles Country Club
· Member, Major Donors Cabinet, United Way of Winnipeg
Publications / Presentations
· Author of various articles for the Municipal Leader Magazine, Continuing Legal Education and Canadian Bar Association seminars