Gregory-Scott R. Haney is a Board Certified Specialist in real estate law and has substantial experience in handling the negotiation, financing, title, and all other aspects of commercial real estate transactions involving shopping centers, office buildings, retail centers, medical office and healthcare facilities, multi-family housing projects, and hotels, as well as related land use issues.
Gregory also has substantial experience in representing both landlords and tenants in commercial leasing transactions involving office, medical, retail, warehouse and industrial properties, and in representing financial institutions in commercial lending, branch acquisition and development, and special asset disposition.
Gregory brings to his transactional practice the benefit of a significant litigation background, having practiced in state and federal courts in the areas of construction, surety, commercial, bankruptcy and foreclosure litigation, which allows for a broader understanding of how to negotiate and structure real estate transactions for clients in a manner that accounts for potential issues and risks.
Gregory is an approved attorney agent for Fidelity National Title Insurance Company, Stewart Title Guaranty Company, Commonwealth Land Title Insurance Company, Lawyers Title Insurance Corporation, First American Title Insurance Company, and Old Republic National Title Insurance Company.
· AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
· Florida Rising Star by Super Lawyers magazine, 2009
· Top Lawyer by Tampa Bay Magazine
Professional and Community Affiliations
· Florida Bar Association, Landlord and Tenant Committee of the Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
· Florida Museum of Photographic Arts, Board of Directors (2005-2010); Executive Committee (2007-2010)
· Tampa Theatre, former Membership Committee; former Chair Annual Members' Reception (2005-2006)
Banking and Financial Institutions