Ms. Craft, an "AV/Preeminent Attorney®" as rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, is a shareholder in and the chairman of the firm's Intellectual Property and Entertainment & Sports Departments. She practices primarily in the areas of domestic and international trademark and copyright prosecution, licensing and enforcement. Ms. Craft consults with clients in identifying various protectable aspects of the clients' products, services and concepts, and in developing and managing their intellectual property portfolios. She also resolves trademark, copyright, and domain name disputes, including the resolution of disputes over contested trademarks before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and appeals before the Copyright Office and enforces clients' intellectual property rights on the Internet.
In addition to her prosecution practice, Ms. Craft drafts and negotiates a variety of agreements in the intellectual property, entertainment, and sports fields, including endorsement and personal services agreements and personal management agreements for athletes, artists and entertainers, option and purchase agreements for motion pictures and television shows, production and collaboration agreements for live stage shows and licensing and merchandising agreements.
Representative Matters Include:
· Securing, Enforcing and Licensing IP - Assisting various companies, including, casino, nightclub, restaurant and bar owners and operators, and real estate developers and management companies in clearing title for property names, securing the rights associated with the names, licensing their intellectual property to others, and enforcing their rights against unauthorized users.
· Licensing Entertainment RIghts - Assisting production companies and artists in the licensing and distribution of their rights in live and recorded musical and dance performances, television shows, and sporting and entertainment events by drafting production agreements, talent agreements, and rights of publicity and location releases, securing rights to perform music and other recordings at events, and registering the trademarks and copyrights embodied in the performances, shows and events.
· Endorsement and Sponsorship Agreements - Assisting talent and entertainment and sport companies with licensing their publicity rights and intellectual property to others for merchandising, endorsement and sponsorship purposes and offering private label products and services.
· Clearing Title for Creative Works - Assisting authors and other artists in clearing title for books and other creative works.
· Registration of Trademarks in Foreign Jurisdictions - Working with a network of foreign counsel to register trademarks in the European Union, Canada, Mexico, Macau, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, South Africa, Russia, China, Hong Kong, Thailand, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, New Zealand, Australia, Belize and elsewhere.
Representative Clients Include:
Kardashian and Jenner family, Sylvester Stallone, Ultimate Fighting Championship, Shaquille O'Neal, Shane Victorino, Alex Rodriguez, Amar'e Stoudemire, Lamar Odom, Matt Barnes, Kyrie Irving, Gold & Silver Pawn Shop, Xyience, and others
Nationally Ranked for Most Trademark Filings - Ranked three years in a row (2006, 2007 and 2008) for the most trademark filings with the United States Patent and Trademark Office. She was ranked in:
Q3 of 2006: 1st in Nevada and 3rd in the nation
Q1 of 2007: 1st in Nevada and 21st in the nation
Q4 of 2007: 1st in Nevada and 1st in the nation
Q1 of 2008: 1st in Nevada and 23rd in the nation
Contributed to Top 40 in Nation Ranking - Contributed to the firm ranking in the top 40 in the nation in 2007 and top 30 in 2008 and 2009 for the most trademark filings.
Recognized by Best Lawyers of America - Listed in 2013 and 2014 for Trademark Law, Las Vegas.
Nevada Business Magazine as a Legal Elite - Selected by her peers as one of the top attorneys in Nevada. Ms. Craft is among only 1% of Nevada attorneys to be named as such in 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013.
Vegas INC: Top Lawyer - Recognized in Vegas INC as a Top Lawyer.
Rising Star by Super Lawyers - Named in 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers magazine. Selections were also based on peer reviews and only a select few of Nevada attorneys are named a Rising Star each year.
In Business Las Vegas - Named by In Business Las Vegas as one of the top "40 Under 40" business leaders in Southern Nevada in 2010. Criteria for being selected included community service, entrepreneurial spirit and impact on their respective industries. The honorees were selected from various industries, not exclusive of just the legal field.
"Star Lawyer" in Nevada by Benchmark - Selected in 2009 as 1 of only 6 "Star Lawyers" in Nevada by Benchmark. Selections were based on consistent positive feedback and recommendations by both clients and peers.
AV/Preeminent Attorney® as rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
American Bar Association's Intellectual Property and Entertainment Sections, Member
State Bar of Nevada's Technology and Intellectual Property Section, Member
Clark County Bar Association, Member
American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA), Member
International Trademark Association (INTA), Member
Grand Slam For Children hosted by The Andre Agassi Charitable Foundation, Volunteer
Author, "Protecting IP Must Pair with any Sports Organization's Branding," Sports Business Journal, 2012
Author, "Covering the Bases in Licensing Agreements," Communique Magazine, 2011
Author, "How leagues, licensees can guard against gray market intrusion," Sports Business Journal, 2010
Author, "Properties, Licensees Must Cover All Bases in License Agreement," Sports Business Journal, 2010
Author, "Setting the Record Straight," Nevada Lawyer Magazine, 2009
Author, "You Don't Have to be Intellectual to Understand Intellectual Property: An Introduction to Five Basic IP Principles," Nevada Lawyer Magazine, 2006