John is Co-chair of the Private Equity Practice. He concentrates his practice on mergers and acquisitions, financings, representation of growth companies, licensing and outsourcing, and attendant corporate and securities law.
His clients include start-ups, emerging-growth companies, and established major multinationals in the technology, communications, biotechnology, and health care sectors. John regularly represents companies and investors in equity and subordinated debt financing transactions.
John has been extensively involved in the structuring and documentation of domestic and international joint ventures, distribution, agency, outsourcing, and licensing arrangements. He has represented both vendors and customers in all aspects of US and multi-jurisdictional procurements of technology products and services, including outsourcing and licensing transactions, in a wide range of industries including technology, communications, and health care.
In addition, John spends a substantial amount of his time representing foreign companies doing business in the United States and US companies in business transactions in foreign countries. He also works closely with the firm's Health Law Practice, advising health care providers and health technology companies regarding transactions and matters of corporate and securities law.
• Sixty-Three Mintz Levin Attorneys Included in The Best Lawyers in America, 2014 Edition, (08.15.2013)
• Sixty Mintz Levin Attorneys Included in The Best Lawyers in America, 2013 Edition, (08.24.2012)
• Mintz Levin Advises Mercatus Partners LLC in Acquisition of Financial Research Corporation, (02.09.2009)
Recognitions & Awards
• Best Lawyers in America: Corporate Law (2014)
• Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent
• Order of the Coif
Panelist,TBD,Israel Dealmakers Summit 2013, New York, NY (03.06.2013)