Lane Powell counts among its clients many of the leading financial institutions in the Pacific Northwest and beyond, including national and community banks, insurance companies, equipment finance companies, asset-based lenders, fund managers, project financiers and investment trusts.
Lane Powell is known as a regional firm with a global perspective, featuring a team of nationally recognized public and private Financial Institutions Law attorneys who can offer:
- An in-house counsel perspective: Knowing what it is like to be in a lender’s shoes. Several of our attorneys are former in-house counsel for financial institutions. This kind of in-depth, real-world experience is invaluable when it comes to understanding industry procedures, risks and litigation concerns.
- Deep industry knowledge: A thorough understanding of the forest products, fishing, mining and petroleum industries, and the roles they play in the regional and national economy. Lane Powell attorneys address regional issues with an appreciation of national and international financial trends.
Major law firms from other parts of the country regularly refer their clients to Lane Powell for legal work in the Pacific Northwest. They know they can count on Lane Powell to deliver top-notch work and that Lane Powell will continue to respect the relationships they have with their clients.
Broad Areas of Financial Law Experience
Lane Powell’s Financial Law attorneys have extensive experience in areas that create risk for financial institutions, such as the Uniform Commercial Code, Sarbanes Oxley compliance and equipment financing, as examples. Plus, with Lane Powell’s long-standing interdisciplinary structure, clients obtain counsel across a broad array of disciplines affecting financial institutions, among them:
- Consumer Lending
- Corporate Real Estate
- Debtor/Creditor and Bankruptcy
- Environmental Law
- International Law
- Interest Rate Swaps
- Intellectual Property
- Labor and Employment
- Lender Liability and Litigation
- Letters of Commercial Credit
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Pension Fund Management
- Regulatory Compliance
- Securities Law
- Trust and Fiduciary Services
If the situation requires litigation, Lane Powell offers a talented team of trial attorneys who have accrued records of success across several areas of financial law. For example, the Firm’s class-action defense attorneys are widely respected and have defended more than 100 class-action lawsuits in state and federal courts.
Strong Financial Law Affiliations
Lane Powell’s Financial Law attorneys are active members of important associations to keep closely in tune with the industry. These long-term affiliations keep the Firm’s attorneys abreast of current laws and regulations and help them maintain proactive stances for their clients rather than reactive ones. Among current affiliations are:
- Washington Independent Community Bankers Association
- Washington Bankers Association
- Oregon Bankers Association
- American Council of Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Equipment Leasing Association
- Association of Commercial Finance Attorneys
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- American College of Commercial Finance Lawyers
- World Law Group
- U.S. Law Firm Group
Above all, Lane Powell’s Financial Law group offers the level of responsive, client-focused service that can genuinely help clients in difficult times and in times of opportunity.