The Northwest’s Only Dedicated Practice
As the only large law firm in the Pacific Northwest with a dedicated Long Term Care and Seniors Housing Law Client Service Team, Lane Powell helps the region’s assisted living communities, home health companies, active adult communities, senior apartment, independent living communities and skilled nursing facilities manage their regulatory responsibilities.
- Extensive regulatory capabilities. As general counsel for the Washington Health Care Association, Lane Powell has first-hand knowledge of the latest federal and state regulations. The Firm also is an associate member of the Washington Association of Housing and Services for the Aging.
- Expertise in wage and hour issues, HIPAA compliance and arbitration agreements. Lane Powell attorneys are skilled in providing leading-edge advice on managing risk while remaining in compliance with crucial wage and hour issues.
Lane Powell is ranked #1 in Elder Law in Seattle and Washington by The Best Lawyers in America® 2010, based on an exhaustive peer-review survey of more than 24,000 leading attorneys throughout the country.
Attorneys with Proven Housing and Care Experience
Lane Powell’s Long Term Care and Seniors Housing team offers a comprehensive approach to legal services with experienced attorneys – including former assistant State of Washington attorneys general – who can provide regulatory assistance for interaction with state and federal agencies, including issues such as:
- Certificate of need disputes.
- Survey and certification needs.
- Fraud and abuse investigations.
- Other regulatory issues unique to long term care providers.
Lane Powell’s experienced trial lawyers are prepared to defend employment, third-party malpractice, False Claims Act, and whistleblower or other litigation matters, while the Firm’s corporate attorneys are prepared to address business needs including tax, mergers, site acquisitions and corporate compliance.
Lane Powell recently represented The American Health Care Association in Federal District Court in Seattle, successfully defending a class-action challenge to regulations that benefited the profession. The Firm has been hired to file the amicus brief in the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Committed to Staying Current on Seniors Matters
Lane Powell Long Term Care and Seniors Housing attorneys are active members of the industry’s major trade associations, including:
- American Senior Housing Association
- American Association of Senior Housing and Homes for the Aging
- American Health Care Association
- Washington Association of Senior Housing and Homes for the Aging
- Oregon Health Care Association
Lane Powell’s Long Term Care and Seniors Housing attorneys have the experience to know who the industry decision-makers are and to see the important issues as they emerge, long before clients are forced to react. The Firm shares its industry expertise with clients by hosting Continuing Education for Operators as well as in-house seminars and training on long term care issues, and by producing online legal updates that provide clients with the industry’s latest legal news.
The long term care and seniors housing sector is growing as America ages. Age no longer dictates activity or acuity, and communities are adopting a concierge model to cater to this diverse population by offering such services as fitness training, a la carte dining and spa services. The companies that succeed will stay ahead of the regulatory curve and capitalize on the ever-expanding opportunities.