Practice/Industry Group Overview
Loeb & Loeb’s Mergers and Acquisitions Practice offers a full range of merger and acquisition services to primarily middle-market companies, both public and private, in the U.S. and around the globe. Our attorneys handle transactions of all sizes and complexity, from small, routine deals to large, multinational business combinations across an array of industries. We represent buyers, sellers, investors, stockholder groups, boards of directors, special committees and financial advisers in structuring, negotiating, documenting and consummating a variety of mergers, acquisitions, and other investments and dispositions worldwide.
Our representation includes the following activities:
- Negotiated transactions involving all aspects of asset or stock acquisitions or dispositions, mergers, roll-ups, consent solicitations, spin-offs, management and leveraged buyouts, auctions, recapitalizations and reorganizations, joint ventures, and strategic alliances
- Corporate takeovers and proxy contests
- Going-private transactions
- Advice to boards of directors, special committees and other control persons on their fiduciary duties in corporate transactions, including in auction and takeover situations
- Regulatory compliance, including securities law disclosure and antitrust compliance
- Change-of-control transactions
With a global client base, we are well-versed in handling both inbound and outbound acquisitions and divestitures. Our value-added counsel also includes helping clients with acquisition and sale of distressed properties and special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) acquisitions.
Loeb & Loeb’s Mergers and Acquisitions attorneys serve as strategic business advisors, helping clients navigate critical issues and negotiate and structure transactions to their maximum economic benefit. We also counsel businesses at many stages of development, from very young to very mature companies, on day-to-day business and operational matters, partnering with clients to achieve their strategic objectives.
Unlike today’s multilayered mega-firms, our clients receive the close attention of senior-level attorneys who treat every client relationship as a partnership and are committed to adding value to every transaction through highly sophisticated, streamlined service and cross-practice coordination.
Our multidisciplinary team serves clients of all types and sizes, ranging from publicly held multinational corporations to privately held emerging growth companies, with a particular strength in the entertainment and media, Internet and technology, healthcare, energy, and financial services industries.