Practice/Industry Group Overview
Loeb & Loeb's Mergers and Acquisitions Group handles the full range of merger and acquisition activities for public and private companies, from very large transactions to small transactions. Our attorneys represent buyers, sellers, investors, stockholder groups, boards of directors, special committees and financial advisers in structuring, negotiating, documenting and consummating a variety of business combinations. Our representation includes the following activities:
- Negotiated transactions, involving all aspects of asset or stock acquisitions or dispositions, mergers, tender offers, consent solicitations, spin-offs, leveraged buyouts, auctions, recapitalizations and reorganizations, joint ventures and strategic alliances
- Friendly and hostile takeovers and proxy contests
- Going-private transactions
- Advice to boards of directors, special committees and other control persons on their fiduciary duties in auction and takeover situations
- Regulatory compliance, including securities law disclosure and antitrust compliance
Our client-focused M&A teams include, as appropriate, attorneys in other departments and practice groups. Attorneys in our Finance Group participate in leveraged buyouts; attorneys in the Bankruptcy and Restructuring Group participate in acquisitions of companies out of bankruptcy; attorneys in the Entertainment Department will lend their extensive experience to acquisitions of companies in the entertainment, media or advertising industries; and attorneys in the Litigation Department will participate in hostile transactions. Real Estate, Tax, Environmental, Labor and Employment, Employee Benefits (ERISA) and Intellectual Property attorneys will regularly lend their extensive experience on all transactions.
Leadership in Law
In their 2008 edition, The Legal 500 United States recommends Loeb & Loeb among its list of "top" mergers and acquisitions practices at U.S.-based law firms. Results were based on deals and interviews from 2007 in which clients praised Loeb's "'superior' dedicated M&A team....The 'thoroughness' of the group, and its ability to provide 'good counsel' are qualities that impress clients. 'It's just an incredible team,' enthuses one client."
Andrew M. Ross