Ms. Raders, a partner in Kutak Rock LLP's Denver office, concentrates her practice in commercial real estate, real estate finance and related banking and litigation matters. Since joining the firm in 1983, she has been involved in the representation of primarily lenders in connection with real estate-secured financing transactions, structured finance transactions and debt and development issues. She also has represented numerous developers and owners of commercial real estate projects, addressing construction, financing and leasing matters.
During periods of economic growth, she has represented lenders and conduit entities in making and placing commercial mortgage debt, and developer borrowers in entitlement, financing and development projects, including negotiating construction agreements and obtaining construction and permanent financing.
In weak economic times, Ms. Raders has represented lenders, special servicers of CMBS assets and the U.S. Government in loan enforcement and restructuring, loan sales, foreclosures, workouts, receiverships, cash management issues and asset disposition. She has lectured on workout, foreclosure and deed in lieu of foreclosure matters in these recessionary times and has guided several national lenders in establishing a process for working through their defaulted Colorado debt portfolios. Even during these distressed financial times, Ms. Raders has completed new financings through bond and New Markets Tax Credit vehicles.
With her broad experience, leadership and business-minded approach, Ms. Raders has effectively guided her clients to successful resolutions for more than 30 years.
• Represented local and conduit lenders in the origination of commercial mortgage loans, including shopping center, senior housing, multifamily housing, office and mixed use debt.
• Represented conduit lenders in the securitization of commercial real estate loans.
• Representing numerous lenders in connection with commercial loan workouts, loan sales, loan portfolio management issues, complex title insurance matters and forbearance structuring.
• Representing sellers and buyers of commercial properties.
• Representing master and special servicers of REMIC and grantor trusts in connection with distressed loan workouts, foreclosures and portfolio loan sales.
• Represented the Resolution Trust Corporation as national counsel, including the creation of the procedures and documentation for all of the national performing and non-performing loan auction sales held by the Resolution Trust Corporation, including establishing due diligence and loan transfer procedures and documentation.
• Representing national lenders and CMBS Special Servicer in connection with multiple defaulted grocery-anchored shopping center debt.
• Counsel to a variety of financial institutions to assist them with workout and restructuring of their portfolios of distressed commercial, homebuilder and LIHTC loans.
• Restructuring new loan for matured condominium debt secured by unsold condominium units.
• Negotiated settlement and deed in lieu of foreclosure arrangements on commercial properties in Denver, Colorado Springs and Aspen, Colorado.
• Negotiated and documented construction financing for mixed use development and including New Market Tax Credit financing for hotel property.
• Represented the developer and operator of continuing care retirement communities in Denver, Colorado.