Matthew Riemer is an associate in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm's Washington, D.C. office.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Riemer's practice focuses on False Claims Act litigation, internal investigations, anti-corruption laws, U.S. import and export controls, U.S. sanctions regulations, and other trade compliance issues. Mr. Riemer also works on behalf of government contractors on a wide range of matters involving compliance with acquisition regulations.
Publications & News
• U.S. sanctions on Iran: an update, World Export Control Review, March 2013 (with Thaddeus R. McBride and J. Scott Maberry)
• FCPA Lessons From The Allianz Settlement, Law 360, January 14, 2013 (with Mark L. Jensen)
FCC Law Blog Posts
• FCC Warns Broadband Internet Service Providers Of Coming Expanded Title II Privacy Regulation, May 29, 2015
Global Trade Law Blog Posts
• New U.S. Restrictions on Russia: OFAC Guidance and Industry-Specific Sanctions, September 18, 2014
• Uganda Be Kiddin' Me: United States Slaps On Sanctions in Response to Anti-Gay Law, July 15, 2014
• Russian Against Time: New Sanctions and Lowered Expectations as Ukraine Crisis Continues, May 1, 2014
• Tryin' to Make a Dollar out of Fifteen Cents: The Diebold FCPA Settlement Explains What Officials Did on Their Vacation, November 13, 2013
• Fixing a Broken Brokering Definition: DDTC Eases ITAR's Regulatory Burden for Brokers and Brokering Activities, September 5, 2013
• OFAC Continues to Expand the Scope of Iranian Sanctions, June 6, 2013
• Census Changes Foreign Trade Regulations: New Filing Requirements, April 2, 2013
• New Law Expands Scope of Iran Sanctions In New Ways, February 14, 2013
• No Knowledge, but Hints of Omissions in the Allianz FCPA Settlement, January 9, 2013
• Iranian Transactions and Sanctions Regulations Impose New Restrictions on U.S. Business in Iran, November 20, 2012
• Sanctions on Foreign Subsidiaries Implemented Under Iran Threat Reduction Act, October 19, 2012
Government Contracts, Investigations & International Trade Law Blog Posts
• Government Procurement: October and November 2013 Federal Register Update, November 20, 2013
•Sheppard Mullin Chases the Cool Quotient in D.C.
The National Law Journal, September 8, 2014