In reorganization, insolvency, trouble asset, and distressed entity matters, Mike Paslay serves the needs of secured lenders, debtors, unsecured creditors' committees, indenture trustees, and third-party purchasers. With an emphasis on municipal, manufacturing, and healthcare cases, Mike assists clients in:
· Addressing fraudulent conveyances
· Handling reduced capacity issues in the event of a bankruptcy filing
· Monitoring complex and multi-jurisdictional cases
· Structuring acquisitions
Mike combines his depth of knowledge and experience with his creativity and intellectual curiosity. Enjoyable, friendly, responsive, and dedicated, Mike serves clients from a variety of industries, including:
· Financial services
In November 2011, Jefferson County, Alabama filed for Chapter 9 bankruptcy protection, making it the most expensive municipal bankruptcy ever filed. Representing the trustee for certain sewer debt exceeding $3 billion, Mike and the Waller team have been intimately involved in the historic proceedings.
Mike is certified as a Business Bankruptcy Specialist by the Tennessee Commission on Continuing Legal Education and Specialization and by the American Bankruptcy Board of Certification. Best Lawyers recognizes Mike for his work in Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law.
· Certified, Business Bankruptcy Specialist by the Tennessee Commission on Continuing Legal Education and Specialization
· Member, Nashville, Tennessee, Georgia, Texas and American Bar Associations
· Member, Executive Committee, Tennessee Bar Association Bankruptcy Section Executive Council
· Certified, American Bankruptcy Board of Certification, Business Bankruptcy
· Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
· Former Director, Mid-South Commercial Law Institute
· Former President, Bankruptcy Section of Nashville Bar Association
12.20.11, INDUSTRY WEEK, "Auto and Manufacturing Suppliers, Tackling Labor and Employment Headaches of Multi-Employer Facility"
10.03.08, Marlee Mitchell, Mike Paslay and Scott Williams to speak at Bankers Brew 2008
· Member and Former Director, Brentwood Morning Rotary Club
· Member, Brentwood United Methodist Church
Mike enjoys a variety of outdoor activities. From camping to cycling, he looks forward to being outside and active. He has been riding Trakehner horses for many years and has recently taken up fly fishing.