Mike Wilson is an associate at Edwards Wildman. He assists in a wide variety of matters in mergers and acquisitions, private equity, real estate and government relations. Prior to joining the firm, Mike worked on U.S. Senate campaigns for Senator Jon Kyl and Steve Sauerberg M.D.
· Structures and facilitates mergers, asset and stock acquisitions and dispositions, and company reorganizations and recapitalizations, including representing both buyers and sellers of companies across a wide range of industries, with a particular focus on privately-held technology companies and private equity portfolio companies.
· Represents private equity funds in their fund formation, capitalization and investment activities, including assisting funds in the SBIC licensing process, advising on compliance with SBIC regulations, and representing both buyers and sellers with secondary portfolio sales and in buyouts of SBA's preferred partnership interest.
· Assists clients with various aspects of business financing through loans, equipment leases and refinancing deals, including representing a real estate developer in senior and mezzanine financings totaling $72,500,000 to refinance CMBS indebtedness secured by a shopping center in Chicago, Illinois and the subsequent refinancing of the senior debt.
· Assists in tax credit financing transactions, including representing the developer in a rare "80/20" redevelopment project with respect to a 45-story historical building in downtown Chicago that involved approximately $150 million of financing including, historic tax credits, low-income housing tax credits, tax increment financing, 1602 grant money, tax-exempt and taxable bond financing and multiple bridge financings.
· Advises clients on how to navigate and utilize federal and state legislation and regulation, such as federal, state and local incentive programs, governmental stimulus programs and public-private partnerships.
· Structures and facilitates corporate, partnership, non-profit and other entity formation and organization and contractual relationships.
Technology, Media & Telecommunications
Illinois Bar Association
Chicago Bar Association