Practice/Industry Group Overview
Morris Polich & Purdy’s real estate lawyers provide full service real estate representation.
Our firm is dedicated to working closely in partnership with our clients to provide counseling and advice as to the best way to proceed and head off problems before they arise. As real estate law specialists, we have the ability to draw upon experts in all fields of law to facilitate optimal results for our clients.
Our transactional team provides representation to real property owners, lenders, developers, and investors in the acquisition, entitlement, development, financing, leasing and disposition of real property assets, such as:
- Apartment buildings
- Commercial and residential development projects
- High rise offices
- Industrial properties
We provide practical advice and creative solutions to negotiating and documenting real estate transactions.
Our real estate litigation team has extensive experience successfully representing owners, investors, developers, title companies, lenders, mortgage bankers, landlords, tenants, contractors, condominium owners, homeowner associations, as well as real estate agents and brokers in complex litigation matters. In addition to our general real estate litigation practice, we specialize in representing lenders and mortgage bankers in loan workouts and creditor’s rights, foreclosure, fraud, unlawful detainer, and secured creditors’ rights. MPP’s real estate litigators take an aggressive but practical approach to our representation, and craft creative solutions to disputed issues.
Our extensive knowledge and diverse range of clients has provided the opportunity to successfully prosecute, defend, mediate and arbitrate cases relating to all aspects of real estate, including:
- Boundary and adjoining landowner disputes
- Broker commission disputes
- Commercial and residential construction disputes
- Condominium disputes including:
- Assessment collections
- Assignment of rents enforcement
- Disclosure duties in California residential sale
- Environmental disputes
- Homeowner association disputes
- Interpretation of real estate contracts and documents
- Mechanics' lien claims
- Mortgage fraud and creditors' rights
- Premises Liability
- Purchase and sale transactions
- Real estate broker defense
- Rent control disputes
- Retail and commercial lease disputes including repair and maintenance, CAM audits, and co-tenancy issues
- Seller and/or broker misrepresentation
- Tenancy in common disputes
- Title insurance and escrow problems
- Unlawful detainer and eviction