|Contact Info||Telephone: 305.579.0533|
|University ||University of Miami, B.S., Chemistry, Biology, Minor in Psychology, 1993 Honors: Dean's List, Psi Chi Honor Society, Golden Key Honor Society, Activities: Vice President, Italian Club, Miami Commitment Roundtable Coordinator|
|Law School||University of Miami School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2000 Order of the Coif, Editor-in-Chief, University of Miami Law Review, Moot Court Board Member, Honors: Recipient, Law Phillips and Dean's Merit Scholarship, Winner, First Year Moot Court Competition, Recipient, Honors Designation, Litigation Skills I Workshop, Trial Skills, Cali Award of Excellence in Property and Legal Research and Writing, Phi Delta Phi, and Miami Law Women|
|Admitted||2000, Florida; Supreme Court of the United States; U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida; U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida; U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida|
|Memberships ||The Florida Bar; American Bar Association; Florida Association of Women Lawyers (Former Officer and Member, Executive Board). |
Sabrina R. Ferris is a trial lawyer who focuses her practice on products liability and complex commercial litigation in federal and state courts. Sabrina litigates matters involving fiduciary relationships, products liability, contract disputes, shareholder disputes, securities transactions, employee non-competition agreements, fraud and insurance claims.
Areas of Concentration
· Products liability
· Complex commercial litigation
· Class action lawsuits
· Business torts
· Shareholder disputes
· Insurance regulation
Professional & Community Involvement
· Board Member, Honey Shine, Board of Directors
· Board Member, The Posse Foundation, Miami Chapter, Advisory Board
· Committee Member, Greenberg Traurig United Way
· Board Member, Diabetes Research Institute Foundation (DRIF), Florida Region, Board of Directors
· Former Officer and Member, Florida Association of Women Lawyers, Executive Board
· Member, The American Bar Association
· Member, The Florida Bar
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, Attorney at Law magazine, "12 to Watch in 2012," 2012
· Listed, South Florida Business Journal, "40 Under 40," 2011
· Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Florida Super Lawyers, "Rising Star," 2009
· Rated, AV Preeminent® 4.8 out of 5
· Acted as lead trial counsel representing minority shareholder in dispute with majority shareholder of a Miami-based operation generating significant profits and cash flow regarding the percentage of equity ownership owned by the minority shareholder and the valuation of such interest. Prosecuted claims involving complex business valuation methodologies and theories through a non-jury trial, resulting in a declaratory judgment of value in an amount in excess of three times that initially proposed by the majority shareholder.
· Acted as senior member of trial team representing Lorillard Tobacco Company in defense of numerous products liability class action and individual smoking and health cases. Member of trial team for industry in obtaining defense jury verdict in environmental tobacco smoke case.
· Acted as member of trial team representing executive search firm that was sued for damages alleged to exceed $60 million by its client, a major South Florida hospital in federal court. Disposed of case through summary judgment which was subsequently affirmed on appeal.
· Acted as second-chair trial attorney in the defense of a financial institution regarding claims brought by senior executive officer regarding employment benefits and claims of breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty.
· Acted as member of trial team defending NYSE public corporation in sensitive federal and state investigations, including investigations by the Department of Justice and the Florida Attorney General's Office on civil and criminal forfeiture grounds. No criminal or civil charges were filed.
· Acted as senior member of trial team defending a manufacturer of military aircraft against wrongful death claims involving legal issues surrounding client's immunity from suit under Constitutional considerations.
· Acted as member of trial team defending a major public corporation in a nationwide class action lawsuit in state court in Miami, Florida, involving an alleged fee overcharging in connection with a direct stock purchase plan. Settlement received in favor of the client.
· Represented NYSE public corporation in connection with claims brought by clients against multiple parties that raised fraud, conspiracy and federal R.I.C.O. claims.
· Acted as member of litigation team retained by the U.S. Presidential campaign to George W. Bush in connection with 2000 election disputes.
· Represented NYSE publicly traded insurance company related to insurance bad faith claims under Florida law on multiple occasions.
· Represented numerous clients who are parties to joint ventures in connection with disputes between such clients and other joint venture parties.
· Represented various clients in claims involving Florida Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act (FDUTPA).
· Provided consulting with respect to certain business transactions involving Italian companies.
Publications & Presentations
Articles, Lectures & Publications
· Featured, "Lawyer of the Day - Sabrina R. Ferris, Miami Co-Hiring Shareholder, Greenberg Traurig Law Firm," July 15, 2013
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#1,250 in weekly profile views out of 9,695 lawyers in Miami, Florida|
|#134,437 in weekly profile views out of 1,510,087 total lawyers Overall|