Stéphane Richer is a litigation partner at our Montréal office. Stéphane was admitted to the Québec Bar in 2002 and is a graduate of the Université du Québec à Montréal Law School. Stéphane also obtained a degree in History from Laval University in 1997.
Areas of Practice
· Stéphane practices in our Commercial Litigation Group.
· Stéphane is the Regional Leader of the Commercial Real Estate Litigation Group (Montréal).
· Stéphane is also the Regional Leader of the Intellectual Property Litigation Group.
· Stéphane is also an active member of Fraud Law Group and Franchise and Distribution Group.
Within the context of his practice in Commercial Litigation, Stéphane pleads regularly before all Courts of law in Québec and certain administrative tribunals. Stéphane has developed an expertise in the following areas:
· Real Estate Litigation
Stéphane counsels and represents, owners and lessees, in commercial leasing, Property Law, Co-ownership, Acquisitive prescription, Municipal Law, Environmental Law and Expropriation Law disputes.
· Extraordinary Remedies
Stéphane has developed an important expertise in matters of extraordinary remedies and is involved in demand and in defense in several proceedings in injunction, seizure before judgment and Anton Piller Orders. He is also acting regularly as independent supervising solicitor appointed by the Court for the execution of Anton Piller Orders.
· Intellectual Property Litigation
As an extension of his expertise in extraordinary remedies, Stéphane counsels and represents several clients in matters of trade-mark and copyright litigation.
· Contractual Liability
Stéphane regularly counsels and represents businesses regarding a variety of contractual disputes.
Lectures / Publications
· Resiliation of leases and eviction of lessees.
· Acquisition of superficies by prescription.
· Anton Piller orders.
· Seizure of computer data.
· Case comment on the decision Industries Lassonde Inc. v. Oasis d'Olivia Inc., J.E. 2010-1849 (C.S.) (Action in infringement of a trade-mark and improper use of procedure).
Professional and Community Activities
· Member, Canadian Bar Association
· Member, Junior Bar Association of Montréal
· Member, Certified Fraud Examiners, Montréal Chapter
· Member, Association de professionnels en droit de passage et immobilier du Québec