Terence Ridley focuses his practice on civil litigation in the insurance industry, with an emphasis on the defense of bad faith claims and class action cases.
Law Clerk to The Honorable Luis D. Rovira (Ret.), Colorado Supreme Court
Legal Memberships, Activities, and Honors
Insurance Law, 2010-2016
Commercial Litigation, 2016
Colorado Super Lawyers
Insurance Coverage, 2012-2016
Civil Litigation Defense, 2006-2011
Top 100, 2012-2016
ABA Insurance Coverage Litigation
Section of Litigation
Denver Bar Association
Executive Committee of Young Lawyers' Division, Treasurer
University of Denver Sturm College of Law Alumni Council
Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel, 2004-present
Chair, Class Action and Multidistrict Litigation Section
Member, Reinsurance, Excess, and Surplus Lines Section
Vice-Chair, Membership Development and Retention
Committee, New Members, 2011
Vice-Chair, Extra Contractual Liability Section
Colorado Defense Lawyers Association Tenth Circuit Historical Society
Colorado Bar Association
Board of Governors (former)
Otten, Johnson, Robinson, Neff & Ragonetti, P.C. (civil litigation)
Roath & Brega (personal injury and commercial litigation)
• Recent Assaults on the Most Sacred Privilege of All: Does the Attorney-Client Privilege Still Exist? presented to the Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel Section on Extra-Contractual Liability (July 29, 2014).
• Sampling, Extrapolation, and Experts: What's Left? presented at the 2014 Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel Winter Meeting, Florida (March 7, 2014).
• Bad Faith Claims: Managing Risks and Avoiding Liability (November 18, 2013).
• Depositions of the Corporate Representative: What You Need to Know CLE seminar (October 25, 2012).
• Class Action Litigation One Year After Dukes v. Wal-Mart: A Happy Anniversary? presented at the Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel Annual Meeting, Whistler, Canada (August 2, 2012).
• Arbitration Clauses and Class Certification, presented to the Association of Corporate Counsel Colorado Chapter (June 26, 2008).
•Wheeler Trigg O'Donnell Wins Five Consecutive Colorado Supreme Court Victories in Two-and-a-Half Years
•DRI The Voice, February 3, 2016.
•FDCC, More Federation Triumphs..., December, 2015.
•20 WTO Lawyers ranked in the 22nd Edition of The Best Lawyers in America
•DRI's The Voice, And the Defense Wins, August 12, 2015.
•Terence Ridley Elected to FDCC Board
•Inside Counsel, Spoliation and the Long-Awaited Federal E-Discovery Rule Changes, May 21, 2015.
•Best Lawyers 2015 Ranks 20 WTO Attorneys
•Mining Mogul Robert Friedland Defeated